Inspirational, innovative, and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance and accounting team as a Bookkeeper. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax, and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist with full cycle bookkeeping and payroll functions for MNP clients
- Prepare and maintain payroll and related government remittances/filings, recording of sales, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable, payroll, and Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) transactions
- Set up client files and assist with the completion of budgets and administrative planning
- Maintain, monitor, and reconcile GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, and intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with supervisor or engagement partner to develop resolutions
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments, and installments
- Work collaboratively and develop and maintain relationships with clients and team members
Skills and Experience
- A certificate or diploma in business administration or accounting is considered an asset
- 1 year of full-cycle bookkeeping experience
- Experience working with cloud accounting software such as QBO and/or Xero is preferred
- QBO Basic, QBO Advance, Xero, and other application certifications are considered an asset
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Understanding of sales taxes (GST, PST, HST), payroll taxes and corporate tax
- Experience working with desktop bookkeeping software is beneficial
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.