Assurance - Core Assurance - FS Manager
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 152 countries and almost 328,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 7,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team with its tailored solutions, brings international experience, helping our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes over 2,300 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC’s global network that is operating worldwide. PwC Middle East’s Assurance practice combines the right mix of human-led and tech powered solutions to provide our clients with quality audits and other risk services that create confidence and impact in our region and across society.
What is expected from you?
As an Audit Manager, you will be in charge of an iconic client portfolio and you will be responsible for managing the full cycle of your audit assignments. You will be working as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive Auditing experience. Your job duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assisting proactively in the management of a portfolio of client, where you will be responsible for the day-to-day management client liaison and technical issues management
- Being responsible for business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients along with building and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Developing strategies to solve complex technical challenges and contribute to the development of your own and your team’s technical acumen
- Assisting in the management and delivering of large projects, ensuring that key deadlines are met
- Acting in charge of designing the audit strategy and managing the audit execution in allignment with the engagement leader guidance. You will advise clients on financial reporting and regulatory developments, as well as staying up to date with the regulatory changes by attending internal and external seminars
- Managing client relations with senior management, including delivering presentations to the board of directors and audit committees
- Ensuring you are adhering to compliance with the risk, quality and independence matters
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Being responsible for the coaching, mentoring and development of team members reporting to you while caring about their well-being
- Encouraging involvement in digital initiatives and the use of audit transformation technologies, as well as the use of alternative delivery models, in order to ensure compliance with our firm's vision and ensure a more robust audit
- Taking part of the recruitment process for interviewing and selecting the most competent candidates as per PwC hiring standards
What will you bring?
You are ambitious and get use of opportunities to grow and develop. In addition, you recognise yourself in the following characteristics:
- A degree in accounting, finance or other related academic major
- Minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience in external financial audit in one of the big 4
- Completed a recognised professional qualifications such as ACCA, CA, ACA, CPA
- Experience in auditing Banking / Insurance clients is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written) is a plus
- Applying the international standards on Auditing (ISAs) on the external audit of financial services with profound IFRS knowledge relevant to the FS practice (such as IFRS9, IFRS17) and financial services regulations
- Strong project management skills and experience managing an audit from planning to completion
- Confidence in challenging yourself and others to complete high quality testing and documentation
- Ability to establish and nurture positive relationships across all levels - both internally and externally
- Driving innovative thinking and supports others through change and uncertainty to overcome hurdles
- Experience encouraging a team environment that promotes collaboration and constructive challenge and has demonstrated the ability to act quickly to resolve team issues and questions
- Taking pride in your work and in the Audit profession, showing resilience and demonstrating dedication to self-development including being agile and innovative in the digital world
- Promoting and encouraging others to value difference when working in diverse teams
- Knowledge in any Audit technologies, and experience using Data Analytics tools is a plus
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that help us deliver our business strategy - that make up “ The PwC Professional”.
The PwC Professional framework plays a significant role in outlining the capabilities needed by our people to flourish, learn and develop together as leaders at every level. The framework exists to support the development and career progression of our people, helping them to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today’s changing global marketplace.
Why you’ll love working for PwC
We’re a business that leads with the heart and we prioritise our people. Led by our value of care, we find ways to help our people, our clients and one another. With PwC, you will ignite a meaningful career and will be provided with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits designed to encourage your growth, like:
- A competitive remuneration plan in which you will be rewarded for your success and acknowledged for the value you provide to our company .
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. This makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients.
- A flexible workframe to encourage work-life balance.
- We care about our employees' mental health and well-being by providing specialists to offer advice, as well as meditation, yoga, and other relaxation online sessions.
- Limitless opportunities for continuous learning and digital upskilling.
- A friendly atmosphere that encourages innovative mindsets, relationships development, and assisting others in growing and working in ways that bring out their best.
- A competitive Schooling allowance and insurance packages (As per PwC policy).
To learn more about our new equation that built this culture please visit this link.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.
Learn more about “Life at PwC ME” through this link.
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Auditing, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Financial Audits, Strategy Development, Team Development
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.