Co-op Accountant, Assurance and Accounting - Jan 2024
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
We are currently looking for co-op students to join our Burlington Insolvency office for the January-April 2024 co-op term.
- Develop technical skills in the preparation of personal income tax returns while working in a team environment.
- Gather information and set-up files for personal income tax clients.
- Utilize spreadsheets to calculate income allocations for pre and post bankruptcy income tax returns.
- Prepare personal income tax returns.
- Follow up outstanding items with clients.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of, or working towards, a degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Experience working with personal income tax software is considered an asset.
- Previous accounting related office experience is considered an asset.
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft 365 considered an asset.
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, exclusive access to perks and discounts, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.