BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the Team
You will be a key player in our technically diverse outsourced accounting team with the opportunity for career and learning development. We offer exposure to a range of international and domestic clients, supporting their business from start-up to maturity with outsourced management accounting, financial reporting, compliance and advisory requirements.
You will need to have outstanding organisational and time management skills, ensuring client service excellence is at the forefront of your work including building robust stakeholder relationships.
More specifically you will be responsible for various clients across different industries in relation to:
- Managing general ledgers, including completing the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Complete month-end management accounts and reporting.
- Prepare cashflow forecasting and budgets.
- Prepare a range of financial statements in accordance with regulatory, accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Responsible for managing statutory lodgements;
- Coordinate with support teams such as bookkeeping, payroll, tax and audit.
- Provide advice relating to business operations, systems, process improvements, policies and regulatory matters;
- Be involved in hands-on client contact to ensure deliverables meet client needs and expectations.
What you’ll need to succeed
We are seeking an individual with strong accounting and financial reporting experience, general business acumen, client communication skills, mixed with professional enthusiasm.
Additionally you will bring:
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability;
- Comfortable with adapting to different accounting programs;
- Avid user and advocate of cloud technology and process improvement;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to work;
- Some background in processing and familiarity with cloud applications such as Xero;
- 2-4 years’ experience; and
- Currently completing or finished a CA or CPA qualification.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Michelle Lorschy on firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.