Senior Consultant in the International Tax Solutions Department
PwC is a powerful network of over 327 000 experts across 155 countries, all committed to deliver quality in assurance, consulting, tax and legal services. We work with organizations from all over the world to build trust in society and solve important problems.
PwC has been present on the Ukrainian market since 1993. The headquarters of the firm in Ukraine is in Kyiv with full-service offices in Lviv and Dnipro.
Working with us means working with inspiring, goal-oriented and passionate team players, who make an impact. PwC offers access to outstanding expertise, dynamic work environment and professional development.
- Employment, competitive salary and cash bonuses for excellent performance.
- Exceptional opportunities for professional and personal development - ACCA certification is fully paid by the company, numerous in-house and external trainings, free English classes.
- Career growth - ‘from intern to partner’ opportunity.
- Strong, enthusiastic and friendly team.
- Interesting and challenging tasks.
- Health insurance, corporate psychologist and clubs of interests (football, volleyball, movies, etc.).
- Support of employees during the war - partly or fully remote work, full salary, bonuses, full preservation of all jobs, material support for employees and their families.
Daily tasks of a Senior Associate in the Financial Services & International Tax Solutions team include extensive analysis of the transactions/client’s request, supervision over associates and leading of various projects related to corporate restructuring, application of CFC rules, analysis of permanent establishment, application of double tax treaties, FATCA etc. You will be also analysing business operation models and specific transactions, including of financial companies, from a corporate profits tax and withholding tax perspective.
A Senior Associate is responsible for:
- Comprehensive analysis of applicable provisions of the Tax Code of Ukraine and related by-laws, double tax treaties, OECD commentaries, Ukrainian court cases upon investigation of the corporate income tax issues and withholding tax cases.
- Drafting the reports/memorandums and emails in English and Ukrainian within corporate income tax review projects, provision of international tax services and audit of tax.
- Assistance to Manager in dealing with other intricate business issues of clients, including development of relations with clients and preparation of propositions of services.
- Supervision and coordination of work of junior colleagues, delegation and review of work performed, providing feedback.
- Degree in Taxation / Accounting / Finance / Audit / Economics / Law is preferable.
- At least two to three years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of English and Ukrainian: both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian tax law, double tax treaties, OECD commentaries, MLI.
- Computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Fine interpersonal and communication skills, organisational and planning capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team and learn from others in a multi-tasking environment.