We are TC Group. We’re business advisors and accountants. With over 30 years of experience, we’ve honed our skills and developed our service offering to deliver a much wider range of bespoke support and advice to ambitious business owners and their businesses.
TC Group is growing and changing at quite a pace! We’re an ambitious group of people with the same aim – to create a consistent, high-quality experience for our clients. Like us, our client list is growing – we’re supporting more and more of the UK’s ambitious business owners, SME’s and large Corporations and it’s a real team effort. We’re helping them make courageous decisions to grow their businesses.
Our key to achieving this is through our knowledgeable, energetic and agile team who work hard to assist our client’s businesses, helping them not only with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
We always seek the best talent, looking for individuals who are technically brilliant, solution-focused and continually strive to be the best in class. Each member of our team plays an integral part in creating the unique feel and culture of our business, which in turn helps us continue to grow, develop and evolve.
About the role:
Our London office (WC1H) are looking for an Audit Senior to join the team.
In the role you will be able to develop valuable skills, enjoy a challenging hands-on experience and learn from exceptional people.
Working on a varied and good quality portfolio of audit clients, including owner managed corporates, UK subsidiaries of overseas groups and not for profit, the Audit Senior will lead the audit process including managing a small team.
A generous remuneration package includes:
- competitive salary
- Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week with flexible working
- hybrid working – 3 days in the office, 2 from home
- study support package for ACCA / ACA
- pension scheme
- group life assurance x 4
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- private medical insurance (following completion of probation)
- access to our employee benefits portal
- employee assistance programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- regular training and development
- friendly and inclusive working environment
Key responsibilities of the Audit Senior role will include:
- lead the provision of audit services to a portfolio of clients
- supporting the management and delivery of assignments through undertaking audit fieldwork both at clients premises and in the office taking responsibility for all audit fieldwork of the team
- preparing client deliverables (including Audit Findings Report), building relationships with the client (including their teams) and acting as an ambassador for the business
- planning assignments, including budgeting and use of analytical review
- ensuring files are complete for Manager review including file completion where applicable
- attendance at stock takes as required
- supervising, delegating and reviewing work of Assistants
- active involvement in the professional and personal development of more junior team members
- ensure audit work is carried out to agreed deadlines and budgets
- provide clear communication to both the client and audit manager
- preparation of accounts (including those under IFRS, FRS102 and 1A)
- identifying, researching and helping to resolve technical issues which may arise
- develop a strong commercial understanding of the client's businesses and any developments within it
- forming relationships with the national Audit & Assurance team across the wider business, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- you will be expected to attend training to further develop and maintain your technical skills and if not yet attained to work towards a professional qualification
To be a successful Audit Senior, we are looking for the following knowledge and experience:
- minimum of 2.5 years’ experience of working in audit
- ACCA / ACA qualified, or working towards qualification
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- demonstrate ability to think analytically and a high level of attention to detail
- recent accounting and audit experience is essential, including knowledge of UK GAAP, ISAs and Company Law
- technical ability with a knowledge of recent developments in relation to accounting and audit regulations
- good project management skills and IT skills, experience of CCH Proaudit an advantage
- drive and resilience to deliver high levels of customer service
- commitment to building the reputation of the firm through the quality of work provided, knowledge demonstrated and client experience
The role will involve regular travel to client sites and occasional travel further afield.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are based in the UK and unfortunately we are unable to provide Sponsorship.