Audit Manager - Financial Services (FS) Structured Finance - Dublin
Audit Manager – Financial Services (FS) Structured Finance (Dublin)
Assurance is our largest service line, where you will work with the highest performing teams serving industry leading asset management clients, both locally and globally.
The opportunity to join a growing Structured Finance audit team that have developed and capitalised on growth opportunities offers significant options for career progression. Right now, is an incredibly exciting time to join our team at EY.
As the only major professional services firm with an integrated financial services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa, we’re looking for talented assurance professionals. We offer outstanding careers in financial and professional services, working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues, helping to shape the future of financial services.
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead out on client relationships and stakeholder management through ongoing communication and resolution of key audit issues.
- Active involvement in financial services business development activities to identify new business opportunities. Understand our service lines and actively assess ways to apply knowledge and services and grow our business.
- Understand the client’s industry, key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the conduct of a wide range of assurance services, with a particular focus on complex and specialised issues, including audits, controls reviews, remediation projects, and assistance with regulatory compliance
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Plan engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Prepare and review management communications, proposal budgets, and negotiate fees and overruns.
- Review and approve, for signing, all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- Track record in maintaining strong client relationships.
- Minimum 5 years assurance experience gained in Big 4 practice [or: experience of working at a Manager level within a financial services department in a professional services firm, or have an appropriate technical background working at a senior level within the Structured Finance industry]
- Detailed knowledge of the relevant accounting standards impacting the sector.
- Track record of establishing and developing client relationships.
- Track record of managing and delivering client projects.
- The ability to prioritise and organise work, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially report writing skills.
- Professional and proactive approach to work.
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or US GAAP.
- Dedicated to teamwork and leadership.
Ideally you’ll also have
- Strong communication skills
- Team working skills
- Minimum of 18 months' left on your valid Passport to facilitate Work Permit & Visa applications (where applicable)
What we look for
- Someone with a passion for what they do, who wants to take the next step in their career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.