Head of Finance Operations & Accounting (m/f/d)
As Clinical Research Organization (CRO) we support biotech companies in bringing new and innovative therapies to market. Situated at the heart of intricate and incredible scientific endeavors, we're dedicated to enhancing lives. Join our motivated team to contribute to this impactful mission. As of now we are looking for Krakow based Head of Finance Operations & Accounting (m/f/d) full-time.
Why work @ MONIPOL?
- A role in which you carry a lot of responsibility, design processes, and contribute your own ideas
- An internationally and culturally diverse team passionate about making the world a better place through clinical research
- Great perks (autonomy, flexible working hours, hardware budget, and team events)
- Competitive salary as well as an excellent opportunity to make the difference and shape the future of our company!
What does the Head of Finance Operations & Accounting do?
You will be responsible for ensuring that our financial data is current and accurate at all times; as this data is the basis of our data-driven decision-making processes. This opportunity provides a lot of autonomy and freedom but demands that you get things done efficiently in a “startup setting”. You will play a crucial role in supporting our Managing Directors in financial operations, you will design key processes and overview/lead day-to-day accounting tasks while at the same time staying actively involved into:
- Swift processing of all incoming finance documents (mostly purchase invoices)
- Timely client invoicing and friendly cash collection
- Preparation of internal reporting; maintain the company budget, monitor spending, and manage forecasts
- Preparation of external reporting (monthly and quarterly reports and support annual statements)
- Determine relevant metrics and KPIs to ensure that the company is operating efficiently and effectively, as well as adhering to all applicable regulations
- Liaise with our external payroll team, external accountants, and other service providers
- Contract Management
What do we expect?
We look for driven individuals willing to go the extra mile to build a great company!
If you don't meet all the criteria below but are interested in the job, please apply nonetheless. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team!
- Highly-motivated self-starter with excellent accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and an obsession for detail
- Experience with MS Business Central (formerly Navision) and advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience in establishing finance processes in a fast-paced startup or professional services environment
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Finance Operations and strong technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Controlling. Advanced qualification (Księgowy Bilansista, Bilanzbuchhalter, Steuerberater) are a plus
- International mindset and a working knowledge of legislation and regulations in Germany, Poland, and Switzerland
- Excellent communication in English and Polish; German language skills will be a plus
- This job requires a physical presence in Kraków (PL). Therefore, an EU work permit is required
Sounds Interesting? Apply today! Any Questions? Contact us!