Finance & Accounting – Entry Level
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a keen interest in learning accounting for complex investment transactions and structures in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced work environment. Your success will be facilitated by the leading-edge technology infrastructure supported by well-developed procedures and controls. We offer you a challenging career in a rapidly expanding international company with a professional, yet casual, work environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery. Global Delivery helps our clients achieve better investment outcomes by serving as the foundation of our organization. We perform all operational functions required to produce the back and middle office products and services that clients have contracted with State Street to provide. Our services include custody, accounting, fund administration, transfer agency, middle office and cash processing services for asset managers, asset owners, alternative investors and insurance companies across the full range of asset classes.
Areas of Opportunities:
- Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS)
- Client Services
- Bank Loans Services
- Middle Office Operations
- Business Onboarding & Transitions (BOaT)
- Transfer Agency
- Corporate Actions
- Transaction Processing & Settlement
- Security Valuations
- Derivatives Services
- Financial & Regulatory Reporting
- Fund Accounting
- Performance & Analytics
- Fund Tax
What you will be responsible for
- Processing the administrative instructions received
- Following up with client for instructions authorization and ensuring processes are made timely
- Maintaining standard filing of instructions package and reports
- Filling in the daily checklist accordingly with the activities performed
- Maintaining the daily mandate management package
- Preparing standard audit package
- Ensuring that the instructions received are compliant with State Street policy
- Analyzing the instructions exceptions and act accordingly to resolve with the responsible parties in a timely manner
- Monitoring exceptions resolutions and solicit resolutions details to the responsible parties
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to work with high attention to detail, proactively in a team and within a dynamic environment
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with external counterparties
- Supporting senior colleague’s and following/completing their requests
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the flexibility to multitask prescheduled activities and meet deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ideally successfully completed degree in Finance/Accounting, Business or similar
- Strong MS Office skills, especially with Excel and Word
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $43,680 - $62,400 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.