Financial Controller | Al Futtaim Automotive | FAMCO
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Financial controller will participate in the planning, performance management and controlling cycle of the business. He/she will be a trusted business partner to Managing Director o and his operations team. He/she will be responsible to develop the (financial) reporting process with state-of-the-art tools to provide both internal and external stakeholders with insightful, accurate and timely financial information. Within his/her role as Financial Controller, he/she has a lot of autonomy and responsibility. He/she, together with Business Control oriented staff, part of the Business finance department and will report to the General Manager of Finance.
What you will do:
- Review and analysis of monthly financial statements of all business operations and dispersion management across all brands within business units;
- Partner with Finance Leadership and to establish BU P&L performance review and develop reporting / KPIs to review with key stakeholders.
- Perform detail costing for cost to serve and provide visibility on financials KPI to drive business and operational accountability
- Understand individual market dynamic on return and business opportunity; translate to financials implication to drive P&L and Cashflow optimization.
- Analysis of forecasts and budgets of all activities, locations, of business operations, including consistency checks;
- First line support of business operations and local financial controllers on finance related questions;
- Development, maintenance and analysis of divisional specific reports and dashboards;
- Optimizing financial processes and performance through data analysis (e.g., process mining, business intelligence);
- Analysis of consolidated product contribution margins;
- Preparation of accounting position papers;
- Support in development and delivery of extensive KPI pyramid across business locations and brands/companies
- Lead initiatives to improve financial decision making and visibility regarding inventory, demand, and supply at region.
- Be the voice of finance in business and operations reviews. Challenge business case from a profitability and cashflow perspective
- Manage the control environment for inventory and develop best practices
- Participate, own, and deliver business M&A and unwind projects;
- Support operational leaders and GMs
- Liaise with peers (Sr. FCs) of all the businesses to build and deliver a monthly performance culture by also keeping strong focus on working capital and cashflows improvements
- Support in consolidating information for Brands and active point of contact with Brand Finance team.
- Collect data from both internal and external resources on various types of costs. Income and expense projection and variance analysis
- Help in preparing or sharing the site level P&L view on monthly basis.
- Review of P&L with Brand Lead / Performance office / GM on risk and opportunities
- Prompt support to get ad-hoc data and analysis for General Manager and his Brand Lead / planning team.
- Active role with Planning team on end-to-end forecasts, annual budget, strategic plans preparation
- Financial ownership of all business activities with responsibility to provide effective and timely Management Reports on all Warranty and retention products
- Develop detailed business MIS to encapsulate all the key performance indicators for end-to-end business operations and performance covering all financial, commercial & operational dimensions
Required Skills to be successful:
- Cash flow management
- Principal and customer negotiations
- Closure of books – accounts
- Stakeholder management
- Commercial understanding
- Pricing of deals
About the Team:
Working in a fast-paced and diverse environment, reporting directly to the Sr. Financial Controller
What equips you for the role:
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification.
- Minimum 12-15 years relevant experience
- Excellent numeracy skills, Analytical skills, Positive leadership, Team-builder, Commercial awareness
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills are a must. Ideal candidate must be self directed. Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a world class organization will be advantageous
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.