Outsourcing and Accounts placement programme - July/August 2024
We are live for applications from:
- 4 October 2023 – 31 December 2023
Please note due to high popularity for these positions, applications may close earlier than stated. We wouldn't want you to lose out so we recommend applying as soon as possible.
Right now, we’re looking for penultimate year Uni students who want to secure a placement year opportunity.
This accounting role is a fixed term contract for 13 months. You’ll be working within our Business Services Group, a team who deal predominantly with clients in the sports, media and entertainment industries.
About the team
About your role
You'll work in a friendly and progressive environment providing support to the team, and working on a variety of clients’ bookkeeping, accounting and VAT affairs. You would also be processing accounting transactions onto Xero and occasionally other accounting software packages, performing bank reconciliations, preparing payment runs on behalf of clients, and assisting with the preparation of VAT returns and management accounts.
What you'll need
- 2:1 (expected) in an Accounting related degree,
- A minimum of 120 UCAS points in your A Levels (or equivalent), and
- A minimum of 6 (or B) in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent).
Where potential meets personal meets you
You'll share our values by being collegiate and enthusiastic, whilst acting with integrity and striving for excellence.
You'll be friendly and approachable with a mindset to be committed, take accountability, and go the extra mile to deliver our signature service. To put your hand up when you see something’s not working, and help to make it better. And yes, we expect drive and focus, effort and enthusiasm.
When you work with Saffery, you’re never a number. You’re you. Because we want everyone’s individual personality and style to shine through. And we care more, and ego less. We get on and we get on. You'll thrive in your close-knit team, delivering high quality in everything you do.
There’s genuine mutual respect here. A rewarding, reciprocal relationship that means we all get the best out of each other.
We’ll help you to learn about our clients, but even better is if you already have an interest in the wider economic context that they operate in. Be inquisitive and always ask questions.
Surrounded by people who value you, everything you bring, and everything you’re ready to achieve. Ready to take the first step in your Saffery story?
What we’ll offer you
Because you do the best job you can for our clients and your colleagues, we do everything we can for you. We provide a mixture of core and flexible benefits, all designed to save you money and make your life a little easier.
- Annual leave allowance
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around our core hours of 10am-4pm,
- A contributory pension plan (we’ll contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with you from the date you join),
- Life assurance cover based on 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month,
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- Our agile working policy gives you the option to work from home for up to three days per week,
- Access to health assessments and GP support, cancer screenings, and our BUPA health cash plan,
- Critical illness cover, dental, and travel insurance,
- We’ve got a Techscheme, Cyclescheme and a Gymflex scheme,
- A Workplace ISA,
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office, and
- Generous referral bonuses if you help bring in new clients or colleagues.
We’re also committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I). When you start with us, you’ll have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups, as well as be a part of our growing ED&I network.
Who we are
Saffery is a partner-led and people-focused firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers. Since 1855, we’ve built long-term relationships with our diverse, high-profile clients, across varied and specialised sectors. As a proud member of Nexia, a worldwide network of trusted member firms, we’ve got access to local insight on a global scale.
We pride ourselves on our informal and inclusive culture, building an environment where people can be themselves and enjoy challenging, interesting, rewarding careers.
When you work with Saffery, the well-respected accountancy firm where heritage meets ambition, you work with people who know your name. Who know you as a human being, not just a job title. Everyone belongs here. Always.
Want to know more?