Private Client Tax Assistant Manager
Kreston Reeves is currently hiring for a Private Client Tax Assistant Manager to join our Horsham office.
We are so much more than just accountants, business, and financial advisers…
Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
Kreston Reeves LLP
We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. And have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive.
We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible employer and have a very active Corporate Social Responsibility programme which holds us accountable against four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing’, 'Quality education’, 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action’.
Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included, and valued.
Private Client Tax Assistant Manager
As Private Client Tax Assistant Manager, you will manage and process specific private client tax workflow directly to clients and to other SLs, providing high quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery.
Scope/Reach & Key Relationships
- Ownership of some client contacts for ongoing management and development
- Partners and employees who are owners or key stakeholders of compliance clients and job specific private client tax work
- Supervision of Private Client Tax Assistant Managers, Seniors, Semi Seniors & Assistants
- Developing and building own network of intermediaries and prospects
- External organisations such as HMRC
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Ensure the planning, prioritising and reviewing of all relevant client private client tax work (compliance and advisory) ensuring effective team workflow
- Ensure establishment of scope and budget for each piece of private client tax work under own control and ensure adequate briefing to team members where relevant
- Manage the annual tax return cycle for own portfolio
- Produce high quality technical advice (eg reports, letters, emails, etc) with some input from more senior colleagues
- Ensure full implementation of all client Private Client Tax work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to’ The KR Way standards of performance’ document (eg the Life of a Tax Return), with completed work ready for review and sign off in line with the review process
- Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
- Monitor WIP and notify clients in ‘real time’ of any expected changes to the fee quote
- Ensure preparation of bills for own/team Private Client Tax work and ensure timely sending to the client
- Developing private client tax technical skills and keeping up to date through training courses, appropriate research and identification of changes in legislation, HMRC policy and as a result of cases.
- Take proactive steps to seek out tax advisory work from allocated private client tax work
- Monitor debtors and ensure appropriate levels of communication with clients to ensure recovery of debtors. Consider whether to continue working if significant or overdue debts.
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact
- Act as a key and sustained point of contact for clients
- Act as a key and sustained point of contact for internal contacts involved with each client
- Send emails and letters to clients to maintain information flow as per client commitments
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises you make are kept
- Subsequently, communicate any delay or other issue which could impact your ability to meet your contact’s expectations
- Proactively contact clients when items of interest or potential benefit to the client arise therefore adding value
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Supervise seniors, semi seniors & assistants who are involved in production and delivery of private client tax work
- Ensure clear task plans & milestones for each piece of private client tax work
- Provide feedback to all team members involved in specific private client tax work on adherence to standards, errors, learnings and opportunity for value add
New Business Development
- Build own internal profile amongst partners and directors in other SLs to ensure private client tax work is maximised amongst compliance portfolios
- Support the Private Client Tax team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches and presenting at webinars or seminars
- Engage actively during contact with clients to identify future compliance and advisory needs and introduce other private client tax team members and other SLs where appropriate
- Pursue business development opportunities with help from more senior colleagues where needed
What's in it for me?
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Leave – We offer a generous annual leave allowance, Holiday buying (up to 5 days), Agile working
- Retail – Restaurant cards (Gourmet Society and Tastecard), Discount shopping, Fabyouless
- Mental Wellbeing – Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance , BMI Health Assessment , GymFlex, DNAFit, Annual flu jab
- Financial Wellbeing – 5% matched contribution pension, 2x salary Life Assurance , Westfield Health Cash Plan , 50% Income Protection for 5 years, Increase to Life Assurance, Increase to Health Cash Plan, Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- CSR – Give as you earn , 1 day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel – Cycle to work scheme , Travel Insurance , Interest Free Season Ticket Loan (London only) , Interest Free Car or Motorbike Loan
- Recognition – Monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values demonstration, fair and transparent meritocracy
- Development – We offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to a calendar of training courses run internally and externally, offer paid professional subscriptions
- Diversity Inclusion and Belonging – We operate several Family friendly policies, offer Childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
Kreston Reeves celebrates and promotes diversity and acknowledges that difference brings value to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome an application from you regardless of your race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe in creating an even playing field for all of our colleagues, where we can all belong.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.