MY - Senior / Assistant Manager, Tax Technical & Solution Group
5 days left
- Experience level
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
At Deloitte, our purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and the communities we serve.
We believe we have a responsibility to be a force for good, and WorldImpact is our portfolio of initiatives focused on making a tangible impact on society’s biggest challenges and creating a better future. We strive to advise clients on how to deliver purpose-led growth and embed more equitable, inclusive as well as sustainable business practices.
Hence, we seek talented individuals driven to excel and innovate, working together to achieve our shared goals.
We are committed to creating positive work experiences that foster a culture of respect and inclusion, where diverse perspectives are celebrated, and everyone is recognised for their contributions.
Ready to unleash your potential with us? Join the winning team now!
Work you’ll do
Tax technical support staff are concerned with interpreting and explaining taxation legislation to internal clients. Changes in the annual Budget and recent court decisions mean that tax law is constantly evolving. Tax Technical staff must therefore keep abreast of legislative developments and continually review their technical knowledge in order to provide prompt advice to internal clients.
The role is predominantly office based, and can involve much contact with clients and colleagues. Hours tend to be regular, although longer hours may be required at peak times and can be particularly demanding in the run up to annual budget announcement. Typical activities include:
- Providing tax technical support to internal clients
- Providing guidance about and applying taxation legislation
- Investigating cases via interviews and research, evaluating the merits of positions and drafting comments
- Writing reports, updates and monthly publication
- Organising tax workshop as needed
- Key skills for tax technical support staff
- While analytical skills are crucial, the role demands a high level of responsibility and reflection.
The ability to communicate well is also vital. The following traits are highly valued:
- The ability to interpret and clearly explain complex issues
- The ability to conduct and accurately interpret research
- Ability to explain complex issues
- IT skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- The ability to work in a team
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We connect our purpose and shared values to identify issues as well as to make an impact that matters to our clients, people and the communities. Additionally, Senior Associates / Assistant Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Actively seek out developmental opportunities for growth, act as strong brand ambassadors for the firm as well as share their knowledge and experience with others.
- Respect the needs of their colleagues and build up cooperative relationships.
- Understand the goals of our internal and external stakeholder to set personal priorities as well as align their teams’ work to achieve the objectives.
- Constantly challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver on tasks and take accountability for the results.
- Build productive relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence teams and other stakeholders.
- Offer insights based on a solid understanding of what makes Deloitte successful.
- Project integrity and confidence while motivating others through team collaboration as well as recognising individual strengths, differences, and contributions.
- Understand disruptive trends and promote potential opportunities for improvement.
- BA in Accounting/Finance, CPA or ACCA, members of CTIM / MIA / MICPA
- 2- 5 years public accounting experience in taxation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the tax regulations and legislations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently irrespective of deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to take initiative while seeking appropriate guidance
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Work collaboratively within and across organizational lines to achieve common goals
- Strong project management skills and ability to see a project from creation to completion
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and deal with changing priorities
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorised Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.