Private Client Tax Manager
We are currently looking for a Manager in the Private Client Tax Advisory department of our Leatherhead Office.
This role is part of Helen's team. If you would like to find out more about her, please read here.
Why join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors
- Our package and benefits are very competitive
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career
Key Benefits we offer, but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary (we do yearly market research to ensure we offer a competitive salary to our employees and joining candidates)
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year inc. bank holidays (31.5 days for trainees)
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy – you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection – 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave – a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan
To find out more about our benefits please read here
Reporting to the Tax Partner, Private Client and Trusts Director and Senior Partners in Leatherhead, Surrey, the Senior Manager role will be to provide advisory & compliance services to clients and form an integral part of the Advisory Tax leadership team with scope for career progression.
Your primary role will be to deliver tax planning and advisory services in relation to private clients (these could possibly include: Non Dom & International clients, Family office, Offshore, Inheritance Tax, Trusts and Estate planning). The objective is for the team to deliver a full consultative, compliance and planning service to individuals and their families including optimising all private client tax reliefs during lifetime and on death.
- Assist Tax Partners, Partners and Directors with more complex enquiries and ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Involvement in any Revenue enquiry matters.
- Review client base and identify additional opportunities.
- Maintain regular communication with all clients and related 3rd parties
- Work in a team with direct responsibility for the mentoring, developing and training of junior managers & trainees
- Prepare budgets, complete work within budget and report to Partners on any variances from budget, ensuring that all assignments are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- Communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships with them.
The successful candidate will be a proven people manager and passionate about working with clients as this is vital for the role to be successful. The Senior Manager will be required to provide a high quality service to the Partners including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm’s Private Client offering. Key to the role is an ability to grow the client base in this area. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise more junior staff and review their work.
- CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- High level of technical advisory expertise
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in Private Client tax planning
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand
- Ability to provide excellent client care
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.