Assistant Manager, Finance
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the Commercial accounting of Baxter entities in Philippines
- The role requires understanding of complex accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key point of contact between Baxter Shared Services, Commercial and Operations teams
- Support monthly/quarterly/annual close processes and reporting
- Coordinate statutory audit, prepare and review financial statements and other statutory reporting
- Preparation of tax returns and ensure tax compliance including tax audits and face to face interaction with tax authorities to drive favorable outcomes
- Lead legal entity VAT refund process and represent Baxter in tax audit and court appeals
- Liaison for Government audits and submissions
- Responsible for Corporate secretary role
- Drive automation opportunities and simplification initiatives
- Support regional and global reporting requirements such as monthly Balance Sheet & P&L Flux analysis
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls
- Build and manage high performing teams with focus on engagement and talent development
- Support local, regional, and global projects, as required
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement opportunities
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit, manufacturing experience will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of US GAAP, local GAAP and Philippines taxes
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CPA
- Experience in JDE, Blackline, Alteryx and W-Desk is an advantage
- Requires travel between Commercial office in Bangkok and Manufacturing plant in Amata
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holidays