Senior Client Manager
Mazars is an engine for rapid and consistent career progression, offering individually designed career paths that help you pursue your interests, match your changing needs, and explore your true potential. We work with diverse, prestigious clients across a range of sectors and geographies, giving you the opportunity to constantly update and grow your skills for lifelong professional development.
Are you looking to make an impact in our business advisory team? Are you looking to grow our business as if it was your own? And are you looking for open, engaged and collaborative teams? Then apply to the role today!
About the team
Our Accounting and Business Advisory team provide an outstanding quality of work and service to our clients, ensuring accurate and timely preparation of financial statements under FRS102, IFRS and the Companies Act as well as supporting them with additional accounting and advisory support. Our clients range from SME's, entrepreneurial and private clients and larger organisations based both in the UK and Internationally from a range of sectors including manufacturing, service industry, education sector and retail.
About the role
- You'll will be part of a dynamic and evolving leadership team driving the strategy of the Accounting and Business Advisory business unit in line with the firm's overall goals.
- You'll lead and support expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs.
- There will be a focus on preparation of statutory accounts for clients, particularly consolidated accounts, consolidation workings, cash flow reporting and complex accounting disclosures.
- Building strong working relationships within the firm, with other teams such as audit and tax, and with the client, harnessing skills to promote our services ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Support with mentoring, supervising and training junior managers to support the wider team (c20 members in your local team).
- Progression to RI director/partner.
- Work alongside another business unit partner to expand new services such as international groups, externally audited accounts, financial services clients, and year-end support and coordination for clients.
What are we looking for?
- ACCA or ACA (or equivalent) qualified with excellent broad practical accounting and statutory financial statements preparation experience.
- Proven expertise in the preparation of IFRS and UK GAAP statutory for a variety of businesses including large groups; experience of US GAAP an advantage but not necessary.
- Relevant experience of managing a team is essential.
- Proven experience in managing a portfolio of concurrent projects in a project management framework.
- Relevant recent experience working in a practice accountancy environment.
- Experience of preparing both audited and non-audited financial statements including those prepared under parental guarantee.
- Knowledge of FRS 103 preferable.
Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, accounting, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting.
We are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. This is a place where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact so that everyone can reach their full potential.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self. To read more about our approach click here
Our aim is to make the recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible - please contact us to discuss any changes you may require so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.