Finance Manager - Sustainable Finance Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
Do work that matters
The Commonwealth Bank is committed to playing a leadership role in Australia’s transition to net zero emissions. The Climate Strategy & Commitments team defines how we fulfil this goal, and works across the Bank to deliver it. The team sits within Financial Services (FS) and collaborates closely with senior leaders across the Bank.
The team is responsible for sustainability funding and pricing framework development, internal & external reporting of climate-related commitments, measurement of our financed emissions, strategy development (including emerging areas such as natural capital), governance of key environmental & social activity across the Group, uplifting climate capabilities, and delivering climate scenario analysis.
See yourself in our team
As Manager – Climate and Sustainable Finance Reporting, you will work with the Senior Manager and the broader team to develop and embed reporting solutions, controls and frameworks to support timely and transparent reporting of climate and sustainable financing information. As part of your role, you will support key initiatives to help the delivery of our climate commitments and have the opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the business, finance and sustainability teams.
- Support the Group Sustainability Funding Target reporting process including consolidation of results, preparation of internal reporting packs, trends and movement analysis.
- Collation of key materials and packs for group reporting.
- Partnering with stakeholders across the Bank to drive initiatives to improve reporting processes and enhance the control environment relating to reporting and data inputs.
- Assist with preparation of external disclosures including verification and assurance processes, and coordination across the broader Climate Strategy & Commitments team and other stakeholders across the Bank.
- Ad hoc analysis, benchmarking and research as required to deliver insights and support decision making e.g. support review of sustainable finance frameworks and benchmarking to support recommendations, monitor developments in the Australian and international climate reporting and sustainable finance landscape, and potential implications for CBA.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (e.g. finance, business) with relevant post graduate qualification (e.g. CA or CPA) highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional communication, negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Comfort working with a level of ambiguity and ability to independently manage deliverables.
- High degree of commercial acumen and professional judgement with the ability to make recommendations and draw out insights.
- Commercial finance/FP&A skills e.g. balance sheet and/or revenue reporting and provision of relevant insights.
- External audit experience to prepare for responses, resolve audit findings working with relevant stakeholders and improve the control environment.
- Advanced Excel skills (required) – ability to use advanced Excel formula/functions and experience in simplifying templates and developing automated reports.
- Advanced data skills – ability to source and manipulate raw data and turn them into presentable formats. Tableau skill is highly desirable.
- Intermediate/Advanced PowerPoint skills – ability to produce effective PowerPoint slides.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 11/12/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.