Tax (Tax Technology and Transformation), Associate
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skill sets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
What if we told you Tax offers one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding careers out there? Consider it, taxation mirrors the constantly evolving modern world, thus it is in constant flux, which requires our teams in Tax to adapt and apply their knowledge in new innovative ways every day. In EY our Tax Service Line deals with international taxation systems across a range of industries. Tax in EY is exactly where you want to kick-start your career.
Our Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) practice offers services to organisations in response to fast paced technology changes and business trends, including the growing data burden that many taxpayers face, driving efficiencies to create a cost-effective tax function and the need to make data an asset. The underlying objective of TTT is to support our clients develop leading edge people, processes and technology in order to navigate the digital age of tax transparency and compliance.
Join our growing TTT team which is made up of highly skilled professionals with a broad range of technology and consulting competencies. TTT are a global leader in the development of emerging digital tax applications for our client’s day-to-day problems. This is an area that has seen plenty of recent growth and investment – and you will see that reflected in your career. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies are created, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
If you are passionate and possess an insatiable hunger forknowledge,we want you to apply for our Associate role in our TTT team.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service, from responding to regulatory reforms to managing capital life cycle and improving business operations – playing your part in building a better working world.
In your role as an Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on various client projects, from assisting in the production of leading practice automation and data analytics solutions, to implementing third-party tax applications for multinational tax departments. You will take ownership of assigned tasks and support delivery of them until completion, including documenting requirements, design, configuration, testing, and project management.
Skills and attributes for success
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good analytical, report-writing and presentation skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in accounting, commerce, economics, finance, information technology, computer science, business systems, business management, law or other business-related fields
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and / or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Ideally, you’ll also have past relevant trainee/internship experiences
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Shortlisted candidates can expect to complete an online assessment and a self-recorded video interview.
- Attach your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts when submitting your application.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.