Seasonal Tax Preparer
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Accounting Services team as a Seasonal Tax Preparer (term March & April). This diverse team of professionals performs a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties in support of our firm’s business operations. As a trusted advisor, you’ll identify challenges, problem solve and drive efficiencies while contributing to the success of our firm and our clients.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Responsible for preparing complete and accurate tax returns
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips)
- Prepare year-end tax forms (T4s and T5s)
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to resolve
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Set-up files for new and existing clients
- Manage multiple files simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Ability to work flexible hours, as necessary
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in accounting or tax is considered an asset; equivalent experience will also be considered
- 2 to 3 years of tax return preparation experience
- Experience in an accounting, customer service and/or client service environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, exclusive access to perks and discounts, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.