Manager, Assurance and Accounting (Hybrid)
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams
- Responsible for the completion of compilation, review, audit and tax engagements
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high quality deliverables
- Manage project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition)
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of Accounting standards for Private enterprise (ASPE), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.