Statutory Reporting Accountant
The purpose of this role is to work as part of the Statutory Reporting team; responsible for the preparation of the UK insurance and non-insurance entities published financial statements. Key responsibilities include;
•Preparing financial statements for the UK statutory entities, ensuring that they are compliant with all relevant accounting standards.
•Interpreting financial information in order to write and present board papers that clearly explain financial performance.
•Obtaining timely approvals from relevant stakeholders, including the external auditor and board of directors, enabling RSA to meet its filing requirements.
•Preparing and submitting regulatory and statistical returns.
•Supporting on technical accounting questions and finance projects as required.
Prepares IFRS financial statements for the UK statutory entities, including associated reports and disclosures, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards.
•Manages the audit of the accounts from RSA’s perspective, ensuring timely approval is obtained and issues are escalated appropriately and timely approvals are obtained.
•Communicates and liases with business and finance colleagues as necessary in order to gather data, investigate opportunities, maintain alignment and share information.
•Gathers, validates and compiles quantitative and qualitative information and data, from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness.
•Interprets financial information to determine causality, significance, business impact of implications and develops advice or recommendations for action.
•Writes and presents board papers explaining financial performance.
•Ensures information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible and appropriate format for the audience and business purpose.
•Prepares regulatory and statistical returns.
•Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
•Supports on providing technical accounting advice and papers and on projects as required
• Qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of financial reporting standards
• Good capacity for understanding and managing complex issues
• Strong attention to detail
• Communicates complex and technical matters simply and effectively
• Applies planning, prioritisation and project management disciplines
Skills and experience
• Use key performance indicators to track what's going on
• Ability to manage relationships
• Has the credibility to challenge and influence behaviours across a broad stakeholder group
• Sees opportunities for continual improvement and drives change.
• Builds effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders