Manager, Property Tax Services
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Property Tax Services team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll monitor markets and legislative changes to ensure that clients are utilizing all available programs and incentives to maximize tax recovery potential on real estate.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Determine real estate values using various appraisal methods
- Prepare tax and assessment forecasts
- Present and discuss assessment and market information with internal and external clients/assessors
- Liaise with municipalities, real estate brokers, developers, landlords and tenants to ensure information is collected that will assist in the annual determination of real estate values
- Execute audit procedures to determine if clients are being fairly assessed
- Prepare client reporting and valuation reports to Boards and municipalities
- Present and answer questions before the Assessment Review Board
- Manage engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (budgets, WIP, timely billing, collection, variance recognition)
- Review, design and develop high-quality deliverables including reports, presentations and other correspondence
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and lead the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, real estate, economics or law
- Real Property Assessment Certificate is considered an asset
- 6 to 7 years of related experience
- Strong research skills and familiar with standard valuation methodologies and/or taxation principals
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more! The salary range for this position is $84,500 - $120,000.
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.