Funding & Liquidity Analyst
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join the Close Brothers Treasury Team where you will assist with the strategic analysis and review of the funding and liquidity activity undertaken by Close Brothers Limited.
This role will support the first line assessment of funding and liquidity risk and will drive the evaluation, planning and policy of Close Brothers Limited’s management of funding and liquidity. This role will provide exposure to teams across Treasury, Finance and Risk and will inform key strategic decisions on funding and liquidity activity.
- Own and manage the daily monitoring of the Bank’s funding and liquidity positions
- Own and manage the reporting of the Bank’s metrics, providing analysis and review of the weekly position
- Support the evaluation of the current and predicted liquidity and cash flow positions of the Bank, including internal and regulatory appetites and metrics and take necessary action to ensure that these align with requirements
- Support the Manager of Funding & Liquidity in the preparation of medium to long term funding composition strategy
- Support balance sheet forecasting, in line with risk appetites and loan book projections
- Contribute to the preparation of the Bank’s ILAAP
- Help develop the funding plan, looking at options to optimise funding composition across the balance sheet
- Liaise with Treasury Finance, Treasury Operations, Savings, Treasury Front Office and ALM Risk in communicating funding and liquidity results and analysis, ensuring alignment to balance sheet forecast and funding plans
- Provide support to Treasury Front Office in relation to liquidity implications and calculations
- Monitor funding and liquidity metrics based upon analysis of customer deposit and other funding behaviours
- Prepare daily and weekly MI reporting to internal stakeholders.
- Prepare papers and provide commentary for Treasury Senior Leadership team, ALCo, RCC, Group Board Packs and Funding and Liquidity Meetings
- Provide analysis on customer deposit mix, relative value of different products, retention rates and optimal split across these and wholesale
- Review, analyse and respond to queries raised by Treasury Senior Management, Treasury Front Office, Finance and Regulatory Reporting.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF HAVE:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly analytical and numeracy skills
- Modelling and data analysis skills
- Stakeholder Management experience
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ARE:
- Aware of regulatory developments
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Results driven
- Commercially aware
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a finance or mathematical based subject.
- ACT / CIMA / CFA / MBA / other appropriate qualification