Executive, Strategy & Transactions (Valuations) Belfast
Valuations, Executive – Belfast
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY's Isle of Ireland ("IOI") Valuations team is comprised of c.30 professionals with a vast and impressive deep skillset, who deliver high-quality advice through each phase of the valuation process. The team members are located in Dublin, Cork and Belfast and work together as a single team with this position a key hire of the newly formed Belfast team.
The Valuations team is looking to expand its existing Management Incentive Plan ("MIP") practice to capture exciting opportunities. As a result, we are looking for Executives with experience in the valuation of MIP securities to grow our team to the next level.
The MIP practice is specialised in the valuation of illiquid securities using various qualitative and quantitative pricing models led by our PE focused colleagues across Ireland and the UK. Our Irish SaT practice has unparalleled experience and strong relationships in Mid-Market Private Equity, making it a differentiator in our sector.
The services provided include valuation opinions regarding Sweet Equity, Growth Shares, Employee Stock Options and other MIP securities for tax and financial reporting purposes (in various jurisdictions).
As an Executive in the MIP practice, you would be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and award winning team. You will work at the forefront of valuation services provided to our clients (PE-backed and VC-backed companies, as well as other multinational companies), and you will have the potential to gain excellent career progression.
Your key responsibilities
- Carry out valuations, modelling and pricing of MIP and other illiquid securities
- Develop solutions for external and internal clients based on sound quantitative models;
- Collect and analyse financial market data and time series
- Review complex quantitative models developed by clients or third parties (including fund-flow models and ratchet schemes)
- Participate in presenting the results to clients and prepare the reports that support our recommendations
- Assist senior consulting staff with analytics and
- Work within available budgets and tight timelines while keeping the assignment manager updated on progress.
Skills and Attributes for success
To be successful in this position you will have an analytical mindset, strong communications skills and confident liaising with internal and external stakeholders across all levels. You will be able to demonstrate practical experience and how you can apply this to the position and wider practice.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Proven valuation experience and ideally with a focus on Sweet Equity, Growth Shares and Employee Stock Options using valuation methods such as PWERM and OPM
- Understanding of the capital structure of PE-backed and VC-backed companies
- Strong modelling skills combined with first-class numeracy
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to train others and client-focussed attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (verbal and written) and
- Ability and motivation to work and thrive in a transaction-related environment that sometimes involves working under tight timelines.
- Engagement Partner and Competency Lead, Government & Infrastructure Team
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services to include; Big 4 Firm or Boutique advisory
- Experience in derivatives valuation
- Experience in implementing the Monte Carlo simulation technique
- ACA/ACCA/CFA Qualification or MBA, Master in Finance
- Language skills
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, numerate, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is also important, as well as adaptability and the ability to learn.
What working at EY offers
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.