Audit Assistant Manager
Kreston Reeves is currently hiring for an Audit Assistant Manager to join on a permanent basis in Brighton.
We are so much more than just accountants, business and financial advisers…
Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
Kreston Reeves LLP
We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. And have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive.
We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible employer and have a very active Corporate Social Responsibility programme which holds us accountable against four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing’, 'Quality education’, 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action’.
Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair, and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included, and valued.
Audit Assistant Manager
As an Audit Assistant Manager, you will report to managers and partners and take full responsibility for a variety of audit clients from large corporate groups to not-for-profit entities. This role will require you to use initiative and judgment, although supervision and advice which will be always available to ensure that our clients are provided with the best possible service.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic auditor looking for regular client contact, whose aim is to further their career while contributing to the provision of excellent service to a diverse range of clients.
The objectives of the Audit Assistant Manager are the responsibility of completing all client assignments accurately, to deadline, and to liaise with the client to provide excellent client service.
The Audit Assistant Manager will be responsible for: Complete audit planning alongside the partner and manager
- Coach and develop the team to maximise their contribution to the audit
- Supervise a team of assistants completing the on-site audit work
- Focus on the complicated audit areas and hold meetings with clients to discuss these complex areas and any audit issues
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Demonstrate initiative and judgement providing solutions to problems
- ACCA/ACA qualified
- A working knowledge of CaseWare would be beneficial
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in accounting software
- Excellent client facing and team work skills
What's in it for me?
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring, and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Leave – We offer a generous annual leave allowance, Holiday buying (up to 5 days), Agile working
- Retail – Restaurant cards (Gourmet Society and Tastecard), Discount shopping, Fabyouless
- Mental Wellbeing – Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance , BMI Health Assessment , GymFlex, DNAFit, Annual flu jab
- Financial Wellbeing – 5% matched contribution pension, 2x salary Life Assurance , Westfield Health Cash Plan , 50% Income Protection for 5 years, Increase to Life Assurance, Increase to Health Cash Plan, Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- CSR – Give as you earn , 1 day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel – Cycle to work scheme , Travel Insurance , Interest Free Season Ticket Loan (London only) , Interest Free Car or Motorbike Loan
- Recognition – Monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values demonstration, fair and transparent meritocracy
- Development – We offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to a calendar of training courses run internally and externally, offer paid professional subscriptions
- Diversity Inclusion and Belonging – We operate several Family friendly policies, offer Childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
Kreston Reeves celebrates and promotes diversity and acknowledges that difference brings value to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome an application from you regardless of your race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe in creating an even playing field for all of our colleagues, where we can all belong.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.