Are you looking for a great place to progress your career and make your mark?
With almost 90 team members, we are a growing and ambitious practice. We are looking to recruit motivated, self-starters, who thrive in finding solutions, building great client relationships and working in a collaborative team. We encourage an all-encompassing culture where people can be themselves. As a practice Rouse are passionate about diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Your career at Rouse will be underpinned by our four-core values Respect, Integrity, Care and Excellence which are at the heart of everything we do.
We support exciting and prestigious clients based across the UK, and through the Praxity alliance, we also cater for international clients.
As an Audit Senior individual efforts and contributions are recognised and rewarded, bringing further opportunities for career development and progression.
In this role you will work with the team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of technical audit and other accountancy services. This will include:
- Completing assignments for managers & supervisors to level required.
- Delegate tasks to new trainees and provide on-going feedback.
- Act as role model for new trainees.
- Complete the requirements of the Continuing Professional Development Programme, or other such work experience requirements as stipulated by the relevant Institute, on a consistent and timely basis.
- Completion and submission of timesheets within set deadlines.
- Maintain client relationships and confidentiality.
- Apply up-to-date technical knowledge at all times.
- Support a varied portfolio of clients.
- Lead audits from planning through to completion, liaising with the team and client where necessary.
- Host and conduct pre-audit and post-audit meetings with clients.
- Assist in the management of a team of qualified and part qualified accountants.
- Mentor colleagues -- reviewing their work and encouraging prompt and high-quality delivery and service.
- Develop and expand the team’s skillset through development plans and training and support.
- Contribute to the firm’s growth by retaining existing clients and building relationships with prospective clients.
- Preparation and submission of statutory accounts - FRS 102, Groups, Limited Companies and LLP Accounts.
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns.
- Review the work of Junior Accountants and provide on the job training.
- Training clients on software.
Essential Skills and Experience
The ideal person for this role will be well organised and able to work to agreed timescales, whilst having the ability to actively engage with clients. You will:
- Maintain high professional standards of conduct and practice. Maintain awareness of changes in ICAEW guidelines and internal systems. Have effective use of IT including Excel, audit and accounts packages (CCH Accounts Production, CCH Audit Automation), Outlook, CCH Practice Management. Undertake CPD in accordance with Institute and Rouse Partners requirements and maintain up to date CPD record. Apply knowledge of Rouse Partners, industry, markets and core client base, highlighting potential business opportunities to line manager. Complete planning and finalisation sections of audit files, maintaining quality of work. Be able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively. Be aware of relevant financial targets and constraints and contributes to achieving these, keeping manager informed of progress and potential problems including actual vs budget. Convert options into recommendations and resolutions. Demonstrable experience within an accountancy firm within a senior audit and accounts role. Technically proficient in audit with excellent attention to detail. A can-do attitude to problem-solving. Able to manage own workload effectively. Excellent communication and advisory skills. Confident working alongside senior management. Adept at team management. Proven experience within Practice in Audit & Accounts. Part qualified may be considered depending on level of experience. A minimum 3 years’ accountancy practice experience in Audit
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Paid car parking – All employees are entitled to claim car parking expenses for parking charges.
- Flexible working – we offer a core working hours policy, offering a working environment to fit in with your lifestyle.
- Social – We offer a range of social events such as end of month drinks, summer and winter celebrations.
- Central location - 2 minute walk to Beaconsfield Station (Chiltern Line) and 5 minutes from the M40.