Financial Reporting (Manager II) 1
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- System responsibility (development of concepts, optimization of processes in accordance with IT) and preparation of Service Delivery Unit (“SDU”) and Technoledge Department for upcoming changes.
- Responsibility for the strategic development of knowledge and innovation management (trends, best-practice-solutions)
- Leadership in projects (initiates/leads departmental/ cross-departmental projects, transitions or roll out projects)
- Recruitment & talent development for Managers/Experts functions within the department.
- Regional and/or Global responsibility for the entire processes / product of own department.
- SDU representation in regional/global communities and acts as deputy of SDU Head.
- Leading global Experts community in a Community Plus Approach. Manage Target agreement and staffing decisions as joint decision between global B2R Process Owner and SDU Head. Prioritization of activities and initiatives jointly with global B2R leadership team
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to)
- Manage projects and implement solutions in line with the BASF Global Book to Report (“B2R”) and BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre (“BASC”) strategy.
- Lead the development, implementation and harmonization of new business practices and processes in compliance with BASF Group requirements.
- Ensure policies, processes, and business practices comply with and are maintained in accordance to BASF group and regional standards.
- Develop working relationships with local companies and project owners to ensure that project solutions are adopted, implemented, and maintained appropriately.
- Communicate project deliverables to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed on progress and issues/resolutions.
- Engage with the project owners, local companies and relevant functional units/work streams to ensure that project solutions are adopted, implemented, and maintained appropriately.
- Manage in improving productivity of Financial Reporting by conducting relevant benchmarking exercise and monitoring through KPIs.
- Conduct training / workshop in project and process solution implementations.
- Provide process knowledge and support in troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Perform other duties as and when delegated, including job rotation to other functional teams.
- Co-lead in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries.
- Governance role to ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Framework on timely basis.
- Ensure compliance to BASF policies & guidelines, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Influence the development of the service level agreement and charging mechanisms for the services provided.
- Support the Financial Reporting delivery teams to deliver services within defined service levels.
- Ensure customer queries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible, and proactive manner.
- Identify, recommend, and develop solutions in consultation with Head of Financial Reporting for continuous improvement opportunities. Ensure successful implementation across the team and in the local companies.
- Establish knowledge framework to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge for sustainable development of knowledge within the team.
- Establish operational and strategic plan, implementation and continuous improvement of Financial Reporting internal functional training to maximise learning process based on current and future business needs.
- Allocate resources and responsibilities across the Financial Reporting team to deliver business results.
- Recruit in accordance to resource schedule, ensuring that candidates chosen are of good quality.
- Lead to ensure resource strategy is flexible enough to respond to demand variations.
- Facilitate the training and professional development of the Financial Reporting teams.
- Develop contingency plans to manage attrition.
- Support career path for team members through BASF Employee Development discussion and talent management.
Planning and Controlling
- Manage costs within project budget expenditure guidelines.
- Plan and monitor project resources / man days.
- Manage business requirement / variation from global / regional process, preparation of business case and escalation to relevant global/regional functional units.
- Provide guidance as well as proactive consulting for optimization of process.
- Lead and be accountable for global project with optional guidance from Experts.
- Be part of Global B2R Process Owner Group within the Community Plus setup approach.
Professional guidance / multiple reporting lines
- Manage and guide the work of Managers/Experts in Financial Reporting Technoledge team.
- Provide guidance and support to the designated Financial Reporting team.
- Collaborate with managers in providing feedback and reinforcement to team members regarding development needs and opportunities, and secure resources to support development efforts.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping team members feel valued, appreciated and aware of business performance issues.
- Collaborate with managers to establish goals and KPI's for each team member and evaluates performance throughout the year in accordance with the BASF performance management system.
- Follow BASF Group guidelines, accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Understand and follow local regulation and statutory requirements.
Frequent cooperation stakeholders
- Global/Regional Finance and Controlling management team, country finance directors, business units’ heads and controllers.
- Global/Regional counterparts and/or relevant stakeholders in BASF Group companies, internal auditors and the other functional teams
- Work closely with external consultants, auditors etc.
Degree of Supervision Required in the job
- Works with minimal supervision from Discipline and Functional Manager.
- University degree in finance and accounting or business studies; and/or
- Chartered or Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 9 years experiences in financial accounting or other accounting function, including with 4 years of leadership experience in accounting team. Competent candidates with lesser years of experience are considerable.
- Experience working in SAP system or other major ERP system’s work environment
- Preferably internal delivery experience in BASF companies
- Experience in project management
- Experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of B2R and other accounting functions
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools
- Proficiency in English and other language required with good communication skill. Proficiency in Mandarin language would be added advantage.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.