General Manager - Finance | Al Futtaim Automotive | Toyota & Lexus
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
The role is to lead the finance team of Al Futtaim Motors (Toyota and Lexus). The incumbent will act as the principal finance support / business partner for the Managing Directors and be jointly responsible for the commercial performance of the entities within the scope. To ensure all accounting information is available to the Automotive leadership team through robust Financial Statements, proactive risk management and ensuring compliance with the group’s financial and accounting policies and procedures. Also responsible for Financial & Treasury management, Forecast and Budgets reviews, Process and Compliance and Systems Reviews.
What you will do:
- Lead the Finance team to ensure both excellence in day to day service delivery and future needs.
- Partner with the Managing Directors and Senior Management in the pursuit of set goals and strategies. Clearly articulate the key drivers of the business.
- To report on commercial performance and all related matters to the CFO Automotive
Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting:
- Direct the overall financial plan and accounting practice. Manage the financial performance by developing forecasts and monitoring ongoing performance against plan.
- Develop models for short, medium and long term forecasts to ensure the business has the necessary resources to achieve set goals
- Ensure submissions to Auto Division are completed in a timely manner and clearly explain deviations from current trends
Treasury Related Activities:
- Ensure businesses have the appropriate funding to achieve performance objectives and liaise with Auto and Group Treasury departments as necessary.
- Ensure cash flow forecasts are submitted in a timely and accurate manner in order to plan allocation of resources.
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury Policies and Procedures related to Foreign Exchange hedging.
- Provide strong, forward looking analytical leadership with focus on data driven decisions.
- Manage the production of reporting tools (KPI’s, scorecards, etc) to provide management insight into revenue and expense trends, track project performance and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Ensure Net Working Capital is optimized at all times by ensuring processes and review mechanisms are in place to monitor inventory, payables and receivables.
- To ensure the business operates within the company’s accounting policies and DOA.
- To liaise with internal and external auditors as necessary, and assist the business to implement recommendations.
- To ensure the Balance Sheet Substantiation processes are adhered to within the businesses, with monthly reviews to monitor deviations
Required Skills to be successful
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience - 5 years in managerial role
- Automotive background, OEM
- Professional Finance certificate
- Excellent interpersonal &leadership skills
About the Team:
You will be working in a fast-paced and diverse environment, reporting directly to the CFO
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Chartered Accountant or any other professional accounting qualification
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance
- Outstanding interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge about current market and economic trends
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an automotive finance role
- Leadership, action & consensus driven
- Effective communicator and coach
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build strong teams, relationships, and trust
- Ability to delegate and individual accountability
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.