Practice Accountant - Both Full-time / Part-time, permanent available.
TaxAssist Accountants are the largest network of accountants, currently working from over 300 locations throughout the UK, and now expanding with Offices in Ireland, Australia, Canada, and the United States.
We are a Times top 25 accountancy company which is owned by the franchisees and managers.
We focus our accountancy skills specifically on small business and individual taxpayers to over 80,000 clients. We specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings, and tax advice to our clients - Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Taxpayers. We have established processes in place, along with access to excellent ongoing training and technical support in all aspects of the role. We focus on utilising technology and enjoy using cutting edge apps and cloud-based software to better service our clients.
About the role
We are looking for a newly qualified Accountant to join our expanding accountancy practice located in Newton Abbot. Our work is varied and interesting and we provide a friendly, flexible, and proactive all year-round service to small businesses and individuals in the local area.
Practice Accountant - Key duties:
The successful candidate will be expected to, with the necessary training, assist with aspects of helping to manage the practice – reviewing work, mentoring junior staff members, reviewing fees etc, as well as the following;
• Liaising with clients and prospective clients.
• Helping clients become digital.
• Managing Bookkeeping.
• Managing VAT return preparation taking on MTD aspects.
• Limited company accounts preparation and CT600’s.
• Sole trader, partnership, Rental accounts - Personal tax returns preparation.
• Company secretarial processes.
• Ad-hoc work as required to facilitate things such as migrating clients to software.
• Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
• Experience of Quickbooks, Xero or TaxCalc.
What we need from you:
• ACCA/ACA qualified.
• 3 years’ experience within a practice environment.
• Recent and relevant experience in a practice environment.
• Current working knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business.
• Strong knowledge of computerised accounting systems.
• Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients, you must have good people skills, and be highly organised.
• You must have a good command of the English language (both spoken and written) as the job involves writing of technical emails to clients.
• Any new training will be provided in learning the practice software, however, experience with accounting and tax software such as TaxCalc, Xero and Quickbooks Online will be an advantage.
Training will be provided to applicants who are less experienced in some of the areas above.
You must have a “can do” attitude and be able to work independently with appropriate support. You should be proactive, with a problem-solving attitude. You will be confident in engaging with clients to build a rapport and offer solutions and direction.
In Return we offer you: A nurturing environment for you to take your career forward to the next level.
• Full-Time Salary £30-£38K DOE.
• Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays
• Ongoing access to training and CPD provided by our Head Office
• Hybrid home/office working opportunity.
• Employee assistance programme - Health Assured
You will be working alongside the senior accountant FCCA and the director CTA to deliver a valuable and proactive service to our clients.
If you feel you have what it takes to be our new Practice Accountant then apply today!