Business Assurance & Compliance Auditor/Consultant (Permanent)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job - just be prepared to dream big! Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day we will connect you with your peers and colleagues, at one of the most diverse companies in the world. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. The Business Assurance & Compliance (BAC) team is part of Apple’s ‘second line of defence’. We provide objective assurance that Apple is meeting its regulatory, compliance, social and business responsibilities. This important oversight role provides an outstanding opportunity to work with colleagues in diverse areas such as Finance, Operations, Retail, Legal and Privacy, Services, Payments, Sales and IS&T. You'll also work with other Compliance and Risk teams across Apple. Reporting to the EMEIA BAC manager, you'll become an integral part of our control environment, making a difference to how Apple operates in EMEIA, and globally. This role combines the skills of an auditor with the responsibilities of being an adviser to key business partners on a broad range of issues, while ensuring compliance with all policies, laws and regulations applicable to Apple. There is also a significant investigative aspect to the role, making it a phenomenal opportunity to expand your experience and guaranteeing variety on an ongoing basis.
- Relevant SOX, internal controls and financial audit experience Strong communication and social skills - connect with people and effectively convey sophisticated concepts to everyoneAbility to work both independently and as part of multi-functional teams, and on parallel activities throughout the CompanyUnwavering attention to detailTake initiative, and adapt, thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environmentExhibit sound discernment and flexibility to balance multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting outcomes, and new areas of expertiseExcellent analytical, deduction and problem-solving skills with a naturally enquiring approach - a practical problem solver.Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance with management, and provide thoughtful advice so that the best possible solution for Apple is identifiedApproach situations with a can-do demeanour, with a passion for constant improvement and innovationAbility to travel internationally when required
- Independently evaluate the reliability and integrity of our control environment - with particular focus on financial transactions - and address control gaps once identified, leading remediation efforts.
- Continuously assess the design of Apple's operational and financial processes, identify improvement opportunities and partner with the business teams to implement workable and scalable solutions - both as a team member and a lead.
- Identify fraud trends across multiple areas of the business, root cause the issues and work with relevant teams to address process/system gaps.
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop oversight tools and reports to be used by Business Assurance & Compliance
- Partner with project teams to advise on controls
- Partner with Apple's Business Conduct Helpline, Privacy team, and management to complete independent, in-depth investigations of concerns raised by internal and external parties
- Champion compliance and become a subject matter expert with Apple's internal policies and external financial, legal, regulatory and social obligations
- Partner with relevant internal (eg. Legal, People and Compliance) and external (Regulatory bodies and external audit) teams as and when required
- Play a key role in the annual audit of Apple’s Tooling purchases, ensuring assets are received at manufacturing sites and subsequently managed appropriately
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, Payment Card Industry (PCI), Criminal Finance Act (CFA) and other relevant compliance programs.
- Respond to requests by executive management
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in accounting, finance, management information systems or similar
- CPA/Chartered Accountant/CISA/CISSP/CIPP or equivalent
- Experience in an accounting/ consulting/ compliance environment and/or in conducting financial and operational audits
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.