We are Galloways, the fastest growing accountancy firm in Sussex, with multiple offices looking after thousands of businesses and individuals across the county, providing the full array of specialist accountancy, taxation, payroll, advisory and financial planning services.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance team, based in Brighton on a permanent basis.
This is a perfect opportunity for a newly qualified accountant seeking their first post qualification role in industry.
This role is full time, with a salary of £45,000 per annum.
Although this is advertised as a full time vacancy, we are happy to be flexible and would consider anyone who needs to work around caring responsibilities etc.
About the role
You will support the Head of Finance & Administration by leading the operational day to day elements involved with running an effective finance team for the Group. This will involve leading a team of 4 staff whilst maintaining high standards of accuracy and timeliness to support the wider organisations.
- Oversee all day-to-day accounting activities including payroll which is outsourced;
- Responsible for reviewing and approving purchase invoices, payment runs and all supplier reconciliations;
- Oversight and responsibility for monthly reconciliation of control accounts for Balance Sheet items, payroll and fees;
- Oversight and responsibility for delivering Monthly MI (management accounts plus KPIs) on an agreed schedule.
Our ideal candidate for this role will:
- Hold a recognised accountancy qualification
- Be a competent and effective user of IT, especially advanced Excel, and have the ability to learn to use IT software quickly
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills with an ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Be comfortable with change and system improvements, including taking the lead to drive change
- Have excellent attention to detail and be analytically minded
- Have the ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines and proactively take on ad-hoc project work as required
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff and external bodies at all levels
How to apply
To apply, please send us your CV by clicking the Apply button above.
One of our team will review your CV and, if we think you could be a match for the role, we will be in touch to arrange an initial screening call with our Recruitment Team.
Galloways Accounting is a great place to further your career. We believe a happy team leads to happy clients and that takes real commitment to nurturing and developing our greatest assets – our people.
All of our staff receive individual training plans, we help our trainees to become qualified and everyone enjoys the benefits and career progression we all hope for from Sussex’s fastest growing accountancy practice.
Galloways are proud to be recognised by the ICAEW, ACCA and AAT as approved employers. We support candidates through to qualification with a comprehensive training package including tuition courses, study leave and on-the-job practical training. Many of our current senior people have risen through the ranks of the firm from trainee level.
Get in touch
If you have any questions or queries related to this role, or would like to discuss disability related adjustments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org