Account Receivable & Intercompany Reconciliation (Analyst)
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Objectives of the Position
- Provide Accounts Receivable (AR) & Inter-Companies Reconciliation (ICR) services to business units in accordance with established processes, work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that timelines and quality are met within the agreed service levels agreements
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Process incoming receipts made by customers with various payment method in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Process customer rebates contract maintenance & rebate settlement credit notes for 3rd party customers
- Generate statement of accounts & dunning letters for the customers
- Resolving account discrepancies such as unallocated/unidentified receipts
- Process Trade AR expected credit loss & specific provision and write-offs of bad debts according IFRS 9
- Provide the balance confirmation for 3rd party customers upon request from end-users
- Generate periodic/ad-hoc AR reports in accordance with end users and/or BASF requirements
- Perform customer reconciliation per request from auditor or customers
- Process exceptional customer invoices, debit notes and credit notes (whenever necessary)
- Clearing and monitoring of open items in General Ledger accounts related to customers
- Process customer refund
- Ensure that queries are attended according to the agreed timelines
- Support in transition/projects activities and perform testing
- Initiate and execute inter-company reconciliation in accordance with process documentation by identifying the reason of inter-company differences
- Perform month end and year end close activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts
- Perform investigation for Condor discrepancies and provide adjustment via Adrian portal before reporting deadline
- Ensure all inter-company differences upon investigation are justifiable and coordinate with the stakeholders for resolution
- Perform follow up and monitoring on inter-company receivable overdue aging transactions
- Coordinating and investigate unsuccessful settlement request (SR) creation
- Provide advice and guidance to relevant recipients on commission error for resolution
- Reconcile the data maintenance in inter-companies’ vendors & customers are accordance to the inter-company guideline i.e.: payment term and currency
- Ensure no retrospective adjustment for posted invoices at the time new maintenance taken place
- Attend to inter-company reconciliation related queries from stakeholders
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries (for both internal and external)
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and met with BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, legal and statutory requirements
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Identify, recommend, and implement continuous improvement opportunities in quality and efficiency to support smooth implementation
- Prepare training materials and conduct end user trainings when required
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer; and sharing of best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition
- Support Business Continuity Plan (BCP) through resource planning, backup and communication
- Any other tasks due to Service Hub KL management strategy and/ or changing business environment may require to be performed
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Finance/ Accounting or related disciplines or Professional qualification in Finance (e.g., ACCA, CPA, etc.)
Working Experience & Skills
- Fresh graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting or related disciplines
- Diploma with minimum 1-2 years working experience in related fields
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate to service recipients
- Good time management, good organization skills and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to excel under pressure for meeting any tight deadlines
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications, especially MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of SAP Systems will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in English and other languages required
- Knowledge in programing or scripting are an added advantage but not mandatory
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.