Senior Credit Review Manager
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Director, Credit Review, you will work within a collaborative team and will gain exposure to all lending portfolios and business in the Group through leading individual credit risk assurance assignments. You will also have an opportunity to develop your understanding of other risks such as conduct and regulatory risk, and how these risks interact with credit risk management.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, run and develop a small team of managers, ensuring that high levels of individual and collective performance is delivered.
- Ensure timely delivery of the Credit Review plan through leading and completing individual credit risk assurance assignments and producing high quality work papers and reports.
- Ensure that appropriate action plans are agreed to remediate identified credit review issues, and that issues are not closed until actions are appropriately evidenced.
- Maintain relationships with designated senior credit risk managers and lenders.
- Support Group Risk's senior leadership team in the ongoing development of capability and execution of strategy, including embracing agile assurance techniques.
- Lead, along with other senior management, the development of Credit Review as a key mechanism for managing the Group's credit risk profile in support of delivering the Group's purpose.
What will make you stand out?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about continuous improvement and who has a strong background in lending, credit underwriting, credit risk management. A solid understanding in audit or assurance experience would also be advantageous. You will need to have an ability to convincingly challenge management in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships with highly developed written and oral communication skills.
Strong planning and leadership skills, with the ability to fully engage staff at all levels as well as strong analytical skills. Be able to interrogate sophisticated information and identify potential issues is a must.
There are no specific qualifications or minimum educational requirements needed for this role.
More about the team
Risk Assurance & Credit Review (RACR) within Risk and Control Assurance, Group Risk provides objective and effective second line assurance on the Group's credit management to our senior executive and board, independent of the credit and lending functions. It assesses the management of loans and other credit risk exposures and identifies areas for potential improvement. We cover lending, credit underwriting and arrears management units across the Group.
As part of a small successful team we work together to be a key enabler of the strategic plan through the completion of high quality assurance work.
This is a hybrid role with the primary office location of Baggot Plaza, Dublin. Regular attendance will be required for in-person collaboration - exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Why work with us?
The Bank of Ireland priorities work-life balance with an opportunity for flexible working, along with 25 days annual leave and excellent pension contributions. Family can mean different things to different people; we offer 6 months paid maternity leave, an innovative fertility and surrogacy policy and working parent supports.
Your wellbeing is important to us; we have an employee assistance program, WebDoctor and financial wellbeing coaches available. We also encourage and support staff to pursue educational and professional qualifications to grow and enhance your career!
Flexible working matching promise
We know how important flexible working arrangements are to our colleagues, and we promise to try to match your current flexible working arrangement in this new role (all existing working arrangements considered!)
- Manage Risk - Leader
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - Leader
- Agile - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.