Transport Senior Finance Business Partner
JOB TITLE: Transport Senior Finance Business Partner
SALARY: £78,634 - £92,570
LOCATION(S): Cardiff, Bristol, Chester, London
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in one of the listed office sites
About this opportunity
Can you think strategically and 'join the dots' to see the bigger picture? Do you enjoy working at pace, are you curious with a genuine desire to make a difference to the products we support?
The key responsibility of the Transport Business Partner is to think commercially and strategically, as well as being able to grasp and delve into technical accounting and risk subjects to support and understand the P&L performance. In this role you'll act as a trusted advisor to the Business and its Leadership Teams and as their 'critical friend', we provide commercial insight and challenge to support Business objectives.
Day to day you'll be;
- Engaging with senior stakeholders in order to influence key business decisions.
- Contribution to strategic direction of Transport through the provision of key commercial decision support.
- Understand the RV risk on the portfolio, ensuring that any risk in a used car market is adequately provisioned for. This market is currently very volatile and in a big transition period as we move towards electric vehicles from diesel/petrol.
- Supporting the engagement with external auditors and Group Accounting Policy team for accounting treatments for the leasing and lending business.
- Prepare Transport ICAAP assessments and build relationship with GCT and Capital teams.
- Advance processes to deliver insightful information to influence business decisions by championing the improvement of data flows; driving forward the agenda of regular ad hoc proactive analysis.
- Collaborating across teams to develop and implement medium term operational plans, taking into account the wider business and regulatory context.
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need
- Understanding of UK Transport product management and pricing, with an ability to demonstrate understanding of customer, market, conduct, regulatory and competitor trends, and what drives price changes in the market.
- Accountancy qualification or strong analytical and mathematical background.
- Ability to influence senior decision makers and in storytelling;
- Able to interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions; making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Responsiveness and the ability to respond quickly in pricing and trading terms to changing economic conditions.
- Have a drive for continuous improvement and simplification, to improve customer and commercial outcomes.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.