Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
Join us as a Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor to join our Alternative Investments Team. In this role you will be working closely with Team Leader and manage a team of a few financial professionals. You’ll take part in preparation of stand-alone accounting and financial reporting under various accounting standards. As a people manager, Supervisor will assist in motivating, giving instruction and monitoring of performance of colleagues in the team.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables such as GL / financial reporting / consolidation (scope of work includes mix or selected tasks)
- Independent review of work prepared by team members ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of deliverables
- Developing and maintaining strong familiarity with accounting standards (i.e. IFRS / US GAAP)
- Primary responsibility for coaching and developing of team members providing feedback via periodic meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process
- Promotion of positive team atmosphere through leadership, effective communication and professionalism
- Assisting in special projects to improve efficiency, quality and accuracy of work performed by the team
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls
What we offer:
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Professional trainings and qualification support
- Thrive Wellbeing Program
- Online benefit platform
- Contracts for an indefinite period with no probation period
- A strong understanding of accounting practices and standards
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background, including proven team management track record
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset
- Professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA (qualified or part qualified) is an advantage
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.