Future and Options Derivatives Clearing Product Control
By joining this team you will be part of the Global Clearing business which rolls up to the Global Equities LOB within the Corporate & Investment Bank and helps clients clear and settle derivative transactions globally across a full suite of products including listed futures, options, FX, rates and credit derivatives. The business is comprised of Futures & Options (F&O), Over the Counter Clearing (OTC Clearing), FX PB and Treasury Liquidity Management. It is at the forefront of significant regulatory reform, including but not limited to: Mandatory clearing of OTC Derivatives, Basel III Agency Clearing rules as well as Basel III Leverage Ratio implementation.
The F&O business is one of the most dynamic market leaders in the futures and options brokerage business. The business has provided Sales, Execution and Clearing services across fixed income, equity, foreign exchange and commodity asset classes since 1979. Today, the business clears at over 70 exchanges with electronic trading access to over 50 of them.
Recent legislation in the U.S. and Europe (Dodd/Frank and EMIR respectively) has required institutions trading OTC derivatives to clear those derivatives through a central clearinghouse, which the OTC Clearing business helps clients facilitate. J.P. Morgan and, more specifically the OTC Clearing business, have actively engaged with clearinghouses and regulators and will continue playing a leadership role in shaping the evolution of the OTC marketplace.
Global Clearing is at the center of regulatory reform as well as the cross-section of the Corporate and Investment Bank. At a time of significant industry change, this role represents an opportunity to gain expertise in an area of focus within the bank and markets. This role will focus on P&L and risk reporting for the EMEA Clearing desk within the Global F&O and OTC Clearing business.
- Own daily P&L and month-end close processes for EMEA Clearing Desk
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various back-office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
- Handle various ad-hoc requests on a daily basis
- Ensure product control is adhering to the CIB product controller standards and actively work to remediate any gaps
- Compile and distribute MIS to the business such as monthly financials
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Work experience in Finance or Accounting
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills – written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and execute on a variety of deliverables in a high paced environment
- Thrives on challenges in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to implement and maintain effective controls
- Ability to improve on current processes and drive operational change
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Alteryx and VBA experience would be an advantage
- Derivatives experience preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals, and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal-opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets, and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis, and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.