Treasury – Liquidity Global Finance Controller - Analyst
As a Senior Analyst in you will work for the Corporate & Investment Bank Treasury (CIBT) team which is a critical function within CIB Finance and Business Management.
You will be responsible for managing the liquidity, balance sheet, and capital positions of the investment banking businesses, establishing transparent and market-based funds transfer pricing policy and developing methodologies and metrics to improve the leverage, capital, collateral, and liquidity risk management capabilities of the Corporate and Investment bank.
You will also interact heavily with Global Treasury in developing stress assumptions, contributing to the resolution plan submission, producing liquidity risk metrics and analysis; managing CIB balance sheet and leverage ratios; and consolidating management and regulatory reporting.
As a senior analyst, you will support a broad array of initiatives for the CIBT Balance Sheet and Liquidity Analytics Group.
You will need to pay close attention to detail, take ownership over projects and proactively move them forward, feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, be able to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously and have a keen interest in capital markets and economics.
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly liquidity risk reports (JPM Internal Stress and 6G/LCR) and analyze key drivers of period over period movements and provide variance commentary
- Production of weekly, monthly, and quarterly liquidity metrics package for CIB senior management and key CIBT stakeholders
- Utilize knowledge of financial products such as Deposits, Commitments, Derivatives, Secured Funding; apply a deep understanding of regulatory guidelines (Basel III, 6G LCR, 6G) and main measurements (LCR, NSFR) to determine their potential impact for the CIB
- Coordinate globally to develop specific CIB sub-Line of Business commentary and analysis for individual reporting results
- Work independently and collaboratively and establish close partnerships with key CIBT stakeholders like senior CIB Treasury Teams and business leadership, Controllers, Global Treasury, Liquidity Risk Oversight to obtain, understand, and analyze information in relation to balance sheet and liquidity implications for the CIB
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed by senior management or regulatory initiatives
- Participate in the ongoing process improvements, optimization, and rationalization efforts related to Balance Sheet and Liquidity
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Good understanding of finance and financial markets and on and off balance sheet products especially these related to market business (e.g., prime brokerage, secured funding, etc.)
- Bachelor degree required, minimum 1-3 years of working experience in Finance with emphasis in analytical work
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills. Comfortable in managing large amounts of data and identifying takeaways
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Ability to present information in a clear, concise, and effective manner
- Organized and able to execute responsibilities with limited supervision and taking ownership of tasks at hand
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring them to completion
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Automation solutions skills in Alteryx, Tableau or Python a desired additional experience
- Knowledge of liquidity risk regulations and implication associated with products
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals, and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal-opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets, and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.