Secured Lending Group (FSL) Underwriter
Morgan Stanley’s Securitised Product Group’s FID Secured Lending Group (FSL) focuses on providing asset-backed lending to institutional clients. This is an expanding business within Fixed Income being recognized for providing traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients throughout Europe to execute their business strategy.
We are currently seeking interested experienced candidates to join our team based in London. Successful candidates will be expected to originate loans working closely with clients and senior decision makers at Morgan Stanley.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- You will have a wide range of responsibilities and will be expected to manage the full process of sourcing, underwriting, and risk-managing middle-market corporate lending transactions.
- Promoting the FSL business to Morgan Stanley clients, investors, and internally
- Establishing and maintaining appropriately targeted client relationships and differentiating Morgan Stanley through proprietary content
- Ensuring efficient interaction and close collaboration with key stakeholders across the business
- Acting as team lead on sourcing, underwriting, structuring, and negotiating transactions, considering legal, regulatory, tax, and other constraints
- Liaising with various internal functions to facilitate internal approval of transactions, including credit committee presentations
- Conducting corporate credit analysis of underlying security pool including valuation of underlaying loan portfolio positions under supervision of senior member of asset approval team
What we’re looking for:
- Record of working in/ with private equity, private credit, and hedge fund clients
- An understanding of the corporate debt market and experience in middle market lending, structured finance, or secured lending.
- Strong analytical, modelling and risk management skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong relatable academic background
- Commercially driven with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented; team player with add value ethos
This role is deemed as a Certified roleand may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Where will you be working?
- 20 Bank Street London in the heart of Canary Wharf
- Excellent Transport Links and near by amenities
- Choice of Canteens, on site dry cleaners, break out spaces
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.