Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Operations Accountant to join our growing team in Boldon
As an Operations Accountant you will be Responsible for all aspects of management reporting and financial control of the Sunderland, South Tyneside and Cambridge Street Lighting PFI Contracts. As a member of the contract management team, contribute to the overall strategy and performance of the contract to meet agreed business and service objectives.
What you'll be doing
- To act as a Business Partner to the appointed contracts.
- Work with operational management on the preparation and delivery of business plans, budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- To implement and own a robust contract forecasting process.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures
- Monitor financial & non-financial KPIs focusing on contractual profitability issues, commercial risks, working capital and related cash flows.
- Work with operational management on cost control and monitoring and control of overheads.
- Provide financial evaluation for all contract initiatives and commercial changes.
- Operate the companys risk framework to identify and manage the required outcome of potential risks and opportunities.
- Establish good working relationships with other team members and contribute to overall team objectives.
- Prepare monthly contract performance schedules, including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow together with commentary and analysis.
- Responsible for preparation of contract quarterly forecasts, annual budget and three year plan.
- To proactively support and influence contract management
- Preparation and monitoring of Contract Improvement Plans (CIPs).
- To understand and report on contract risks and opportunities
- To review and monitor WIP (External work) and produce month end WIP/Overmeasure balances (SLPFI)
- Preparation and reporting of activity analysis (service lines, pain/gain, lump sum, fleet utilisation,
overtime reports etc).
- Review and control of contract stock.
- Ensure Contract reporting and recognition of Value in line with PFI Bid/Sale model
- To safeguard the assets of the contract and ensure adequate and appropriate controls are in place
Essential skills & experience
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
- Good financial & commercial acumen with knowledge of budgetary control, profit & loss accounts and financial reporting.
- Prepared to challenge assumptions to ensure complete and accurate reporting
- Knowledge and experience of risk management
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc
- Good communicator and strong inter-personal skills
Desirable skills & experience
- Oracle experience
- Experience of PFI Contracts and/or long term Fixed Price contracts.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.