Audit Manager (Banking and Capital Markets)
The EY Malta Assurance Department specialises in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to large corporates, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across the Banking and Capital Markets industry.
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters;
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on client sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.;
- Review work prepared by audit personnel for sign off by the Senior Manager or Partner.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving;
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (IFRS and Local GAAP) and in related financial reporting matters;
- Demonstrate expertise in methodology to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with International standards of Auditing (ISA);
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver the Management Letter to be provided to the client.
Your people responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally;
- Organizing your team in such a way that processes, roles & responsibilities are clear and work is efficiently and equally divided amongst colleagues;
- Coach and stimulate more junior profiles in view of the right achievements and personal development and provide more senior executives with inputs in order to properly proceed to the performance review of counselees;
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations;
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology;
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements;
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including loans and advances, investment portfolios, interest income, amounts owed to customers and regulatory requirements;
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions;
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues;
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible;
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Masters in Accounts, ACA/CA/ACCA or an equivalent international qualification;
- Minimum of 2 years experience at audit manager level;
- Significant experience leading, planning, execution and reporting on audits;
- Proven project management skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management;
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements;
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP;
- Excellent grasp of risk and quality and risk management procedures;
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements;
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.