Financial Reporting Manager- Fund Services
This wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley administers over $500 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the Firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by over 800 professionals based in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
The Financial Reporting Team is a group, which prepares the Financial Statements and audit packs for the clients and their nominated auditors. The Financial Reporting teamwork alongside the Client facing account managers and the accountants responsible for the fund to prepare the annual statutory accounts along with the pack of information requested by the client’s auditor. The position requires strong communication, and accounting skills and an understanding of Financial Statements in the financial services industry.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare and/or review interim and annual Financial Statements accounts for Hedge Fund clients
- Planning and coordination of the team to ensure delivery of financial statements in accordance with internal procedures.
- Provide goals, feedback, and develop team members in order to maximise their contribution to the team, organisation and their own professional development.
- Build and manage relationships with global accounting team and other stakeholders.
- Involvement in projects, automation initiatives and any other responsibilities or tasks as reasonably required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and industry updates
- Where will you be working?
- A vibrant modern office in the City Centre of Glasgow, just a 5-minute walk from Central Station
- On site canteen, Gym and games area
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.Qualifications
What we’re looking for:
- Previous Fund Accounting experience or experience of financial statement preparation or audit and assurance background is preferable,
- Strong communicator
- Good analytical skills
- Team player
- Well organised
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant
- Ability to manage small teams and experience in planning and organizing workload
Certified Persons Regulatory Requirements:
This role is deemed as a Certified role and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.