Financial Control Manager GTCS
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a Financial Control team which has a focus on implementation and delivery of IT projects across the Group and accounting for ongoing management, maintenance and support of existing Group systems and infrastructure. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to collaborate closely with Commercial Partner team and interact with contacts in business on a regular basis.
In this role you will
- Responsibility for delivery of high quality statutory and management reporting.
- Manage a team of Finance professionals, ensuring appropriate learning and development.
- Prepare and review financial reports and analysis ensuring that underlying processes and controls have been completed in accordance with standard process and that appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances.
- Prepare technical papers for interim and year end reporting
- Liaise with colleagues in Financial Control and Business Partnering teams to ensure collaboration, communication and resolution of issues in timely and efficient manner;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies and improvements
What will make you stand out
- Credibility and interpersonal impact at all levels, with a proven track record in building relationships to achieve objectives;
- You are a highly motivated individual with the ability to work on own initiative and plan, co-ordinate and deliver results whilst handling contending priorities to tight reporting timeframes;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with key partners across the bank are crucial
- Flexible teammate who will promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives across the team;
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way.
- Qualified Accountant with 3 years PQE
More about the team
The Financial Control team work closely with the Commercial Partner team, other Group collaborators and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities. The outputs of the team are included in both externally published information and in financial information for internal partners.
This is a hybrid role and can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin. Travel will be required for in-person collaboration -exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Why work with us
The Bank of Ireland company culture prioritises work-life balance with an opportunity for flexible working, along with 23 days annual leave and excellent pension contributions. Family can mean different things to different people; we offer 6 months paid maternity leave, an innovative fertility and surrogacy policy and working parent supports.
Your wellbeing is important to us; we have an employee assistance program, WebDoctor and financial wellbeing coaches available. We also encourage and support staff to pursue educational and professional qualifications to grow and enhance your career!
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Customer Focused - Self
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Closing date: Oct 15, 2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.