Senior Audit Manager, Operational Risk
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Role/ Department: Senior Audit Manager/Internal Audit Services
Audit Services is seeking a Senior Audit Manager with strong skills in the following areas: audit methodology, people management, and project management. You will also have the opportunity to work with audit partners in Ireland, London, Chicago, and Manila, gain deep insights to Northern Trust’s global business, as well as exposure to senior management, including the ‘Management Group’. This role is focused on operational risk activities (e.g., third party risk management, operational resiliency, business continuity and disaster recovery), and is a direct report to the Audit Associate Director.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage/oversee the end-to-end execution of audit engagements including review of audit work and responsibility for staff performance (i.e., workpaper documentation, findings and recommendations and the final report)
- Ensure work is performed within established timeframes, and in adherence to Audit Services Department’s Policies and Standards
- Provide technical expertise, train new employees or those with lesser experience, provide regular feedback and coaching to employees; conduct the performance management process for direct reports
- Provide input to improve operational efficiency and/or to enhance the design or operating effectiveness of the internal control environment
- Communicate with partners at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on operations and controls for the business area/topic under review
- Participate in meetings with the relevant business area to discuss, and gain agreement with audit results
- May be asked to work on special initiatives and actions for the audit dept (process improvement projects)
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience in internal audit (e.g., auditing principles and methodology) in a financial institution, regulator, or consulting firm. Project management skills are required
- Experience in managing a team
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) are preferred
- Strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills are needed
- Strong report writing and work paper documentation skills
- Effectively communicate with senior stakeholders and Audit Services management in a clear and timely manner
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and jurisdictions, strong organizational skills, prioritize effectively, and multi-task
- While not required, experience in data manipulation and analytics is highly desired
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.