Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our ease Cloud Accounting Services team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll use cutting-edge technology to deliver a full suite of services, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting and payroll administration.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Manage all accounting operations regarding full cycle cloud accounting engagements
- Perform and assist with the set-up of client files, completion of budgets and administrative planning
- Oversee and monitor quality of cloud accounting engagements and resolve any technology issues
- Oversee the reconciliation of GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Oversee and assist with onboarding new clients and build trusted advisor relationships by gaining in-depth understanding of their business objectives and needs
- Maintain high proficiency with cloud accounting software and provide support to clients and team members
- Manage and assess workload of cloud accounting bookkeepers, including workload allocation, ensuring that all procedures are carried out in an efficient and effective manner
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional and business community while increasing awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Recommend, implement and identify new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e., budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection, variance recognition)
- Develop, coach and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Certificate or diploma in business administration or accounting is considered an asset
- Certificate in QuickBooks Online Advanced and Xero is preferred
- 6 years of accounting and bookkeeping related experience
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and processes
- Experience working with cloud-based software is preferred
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.