Consultant, Financial Crime
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Financial Crime Compliance forms part of Global Compliance and Corporate Risk function and is entrusted with ensuring identification, risk assessment and monitoring of all our regulatory obligations in the locations we operate. In this role, the Financial Crime Consultant will work closely with Singapore Business partners to ensure adherence to applicable local requirements regarding anti-money laundering, sanctions, politically exposed persons and anti-bribery and corruption requirements and assist the Singapore MLRO with the day-to-day management and oversight of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing for Northern Trust’s Singapore Branch.
As part of the Asia Pacific compliance team, this role forms part of the second line of defence and will assist in the implementation of the Northern Trust Compliance model. The Compliance function is responsible for ongoing oversight and reporting regarding regulatory obligations to senior compliance and business management.
This role will report to the Singapore MLRO and will work closely with APAC Regional Head of Anti-Financial Crime, other Northern Trust MLROs, shared services teams in Manila, EMEA and/or North America and the Singapore Compliance function.
The key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Maintain Singapore related procedures for countering financial crime, including money laundering, sanctions, politically exposed persons and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Monitor, undertake impact assessment and implement financial crime regulatory changes in Singapore
- Conduct gap assessments between global/regional policies and local requirements, and, on a risk based approach, define and implement additional local requirements that are more stringent than global standards
- May draft AML requirements (procedures, processes) for Singapore and APAC businesses, including for internal anti-financial crime / compliance use
- Partner with Singapore management and business partners to implement anti-financial crime compliance programs, including training on such programs
- Work with business partners to identify, document and drive Singapore business acceptance of anti-financial crimes risks
- Embed framework for identifying and documenting all local anti-financial crime obligations
- Work with our front line business partners to support and advise on applicable laws, regulations, rules, standards and best practices which may impact their business and how these align with our AML/CTF Program and other NT financial crime policies and procedures
- Assist to perform annual AML and Sanctions Enterprise Wide Risk Assessments for Singapore
- Identify areas for control enhancement in either the first or second line of defense
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Singapore anti-money laundering and other anti-financial crime laws and regulations including maintenance of the AML/CTF
- Program and development of a risk based approach to CDD
- Knowledge of Custody, Asset Servicing, FX, Fund Administration, Securities Lending, Brokerage, Asset Management Businesses would be preferred
- ACAMS or other relevant certification preferred
- Experience providing AML compliance advisory and operational support
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.