Manager, Transaction Services
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- At least 3 years of relevant transaction advisory services experience post qualification for Manager level and 6 years for Associate Director level;
- Experience in financial due diligence, strong external audit background and sound knowledge of M&A activities
- Degree in Accounting / Economics / Finance or any other relevant disciplines and/or a professional accounting qualification.
- Working knowledge of IFRS, Malaysian Companies’ Act 1965 and Code of Mergers and Takeovers.
- Knowledge in corporate finance (e.g. listing rules, financial modelling), preferably from merchant or investment banks is an added advantage.
- Excellent written communications : able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles and get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Excellent presentation skills : is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings and can present to an internal as well as external audience.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.