Manager, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Financial Reporting group provides internal and external clients with assistance related to the annual audits and/or SEC filings across a diverse set of investment company types. The group is responsible for the preparations and reviews of fund financial statements in a timely manner while also ensuring accuracy and quality of the reports. The group provides assistance to audit firms in the processes and procedures associated with their annual fund audits for both the registered and non-registered fund base, as well as ensuring the timely and accurate filing of the SEC Forms N-CSR, N-MFP and N-PORT Part F for the registered mutual fund base. The group is currently looking for a Manager who possesses experience and expertise in the matters of U.S. GAAP, SEC filings and has deep working knowledge of derivatives.
- Management of the day to day operations of a small team, including the allocation of work and organization of reporting cycles.
- Review of staff preparations of fund financial statements and schedules of investments as well as coordination and drafting of the notes to the financial statements for annual and semiannual shareholder reports for registered and non-registered funds.Manage fund and audit/client cycle deadlines and staff work load to ensure deliverables are met and completing reviews to ensure accurate and timely filings.
- Acts as point of contact for Financial Reporting group to external clients
- Review of staff preparations of SEC filings such as N-MFP for registered mutual funds.
- Coordination of audits related to staff assignment of auditor open items and client questions and comments.
- Technical resource for staff regarding questions related to new investment/derivative products, financial statement preparation questions and auditor questions.
- Conduct performance management for staff; participate in on-going discussions with staff related to performance and development within role.
- Responsible for interacting with various business areas to determine automation needs and provide ongoing systems support
- Detailed knowledge of Mutual fund/non-registered fund financial statements, and prior experience in review thereof
- Working knowledge of 1940 Act rules & regulations, forms N-CSR, N-MFP, N-PORT Part F & N-CEN
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP), including such topics as ASC 815 & 820
- Knowledge and experience with DFIN Arc Reporting and Bloomberg are a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the performance of a team towards deadlines
- Ability to independently administer the performance management process for direct reports, including performance feedback, training and disciplinary actions
- Ability to make difficult decisions and work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage ambiguity and complexity
- Strong performer with high standards of integrity & work ethic
- 6 - 8+ years of recent experience in Fund Administration/Financial Reporting industry or related relevant industry
- 3+ years of supervisory or management experience.
- Degree in accounting or CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Global InvestOne, Bloomberg and financial reporting systems a plus
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.