Associate / Intern - Financial Services Extended Assurance / ESG Assistant / Intern
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
The Extended Assurance (EA) team builds on its expertise in assessing risks and controls of financial institutions, ranging from:
- Governance, Enterprise risk management
- Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG)
- Regulatory compliance (e.g. anti-money laundering, conduct risk etc.)
- Business risks (e.g. investment management, credit, payments etc.)
- Operational & Technology risk management
- Emerging technology
With this, our EA team provides clients and their key stakeholders the assurance that their governance, control environment, risk management and regulatory compliance are effectively designed and operating effectively. The EA team offers these assurance through a variety of services including controls / regulatory assurance, independent assessments and internal audits.
You will have the opportunity to take on responsibilities that would allow you to develop a deep and professional knowledge base in markets including wealth and asset management, banking, insurance, private equity, capital markets, fin tech, payment services providers and service providers to the financial institutions. There is also the opportunity to focus on ESG within the EA team and support our financial institutions clients in their sustainability journey from a risk management and regulatory compliance perspective.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of EA engagements.
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client's engagement history, and planned engagement approach.
- Recognize potential issues from performance of procedures and communicate them to the assurance team.
What we look for
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment.
- Good project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
A degree in Accountancy, Finance, Technology, Sustainability or a related field
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What’s in it for you
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What you can expect
- For your application to be considered, please upload both your resume and transcript.
- Please note that applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.