Statutory Reporting Specialist (Hybrid)
The team is responsible for the preparation of the audited financial statements for approximately 70 EMEA companies.
The financial statements are prepared under IFRS, UK GAAP or local GAAP. The Statutory Reporting team works closely with other areas of the Company– Regulatory Reporting, Risk, Tax and Product Control - to ensure that the results of the individual entities properly reflect the group’s activities. The team also supports other teams on one-off transactions and specialized accounting issues.
Statutory Reporting Specialist
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with the preparation of various Citigroup entities’ audited financial statements, as well as coordination of the external audit of these financial statements.
- preparation of the statutory accounts of selected EMEA entities
- active involvement in the external audit of the statutory accounts
- delivery of statutory accounts to directors, and liaison with the Company Secretarial or local country finance team to set up related board meetings
- collaboration with EMEA Accounting Policy team on new accounting standards and complex accounting matters
- regular liaison with the Corporate Tax function and other regulatory reporting departments to assist them with tax returns and regulatory submissions respectively
- ad hoc project work on the development of and implementation of new systems and any restructuring within the entities
- assistance in onboarding the financial statement preparation of further EMEA entities to the Budapest CSC
- managing the EMEA audit fee approval process and work on continuous development of the procedure
- University/College degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, ACCA is an advantage
- 3-5 years of experience in financial auditing (internal or external) or financial reporting and accounting or controlling
- IFRS and US GAAP experience, familiarity with UK GAAP is an advantage
- Prior experience with preparation of financial statements and supporting external audit is an advantage
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Pro-active, able to manage time and issues
- Planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize work
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Competitive compensation package with a wide range of benefits:
- Cafeteria Program
- Home Office Allowance - for colleagues working in hybrid and remote work models
- Paid Parental Leave Program - maternity leave and paternity leave
- Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms at our offices
- Pension Plan Contribution to voluntary pension fund
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide variety of learning and development programs, online course libraries and upskilling platforms, such as Udemy and Degreed
- Flexible work arrangements to support colleagues’ in managing work - life balance
- Continuous career progression opportunities across geographies and business lines
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture
- Socially active employee communities with diverse networking opportunities
Apply to join the world’s most global bank and discover the true extent of your capabilities!
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.