Manager in Transaction Diligence - Strategy and Transactions
Working Location: Athens (hybrid)
Join our continuously growing team, which counts more than 2.200 employees in Greece, and is listed in Greece's Top Employers for 2023! Experience great flexibility, under our hybrid operating model across our offices in Athens, Patras, and Thessaloniki, while benefiting from personalized learning and career development opportunities. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion, fostering an environment where everyone's unique perspectives are valued.
The Greek EY Strategy & Transactions Advisory Services (SaT) practice is the leader in Greece and South-Eastern Europe in professional financial advisory services market. Within SaT, the Transaction Diligence team aims to assist clients, both private equity firms and corporate clients, throughout the whole transaction process. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of the service, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with business plan assessment, including support to the transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration.
Our Transaction Diligence team is experiencing strong growth, resulting in a number of opportunities arising for talented and ambitious individuals looking to develop a career in Strategy and Transaction services.
Working in a multi-national environment, the team works on a range of transactions, from local to cross border multinational disposals or acquisitions. Working in this creative environment, you will be given the opportunity to work and take responsibilities on challenging projects, gaining exposure to various sectors, both within Greece and the CESA region.
Your key responsibilities
- You’ll be working in a professional environment alongside a vibrant and exciting team of experienced financial due diligence professionals on a variety of projects across a wide range of sectors.
- As a transaction diligence manager, you will be a vital member of the team executing and overseeing financial due diligence projects, as well as contributing to practice development initiatives. You’ll be focused on understanding the client’s business, profit drivers and trends, help clients mitigate risks and improve deal structures.
- You will actively supervise and support the development of team members, ensuring their career development.
- You will exercise your business acumen and critical mindset with a meaningful impact in the transaction process.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project management: leading blended project teams comprising colleagues from our transactions and consulting practices
- Business and Commercially Driven: working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to really help add value to our clients
- Business development: assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to help sell work. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Communication: Integrating with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen.
- Building Relationships: Strong working relationships with both team members and senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Attention to Detail: Illustrating critical thinking, professionalism, high level of self-motivation and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details.
- Tech-Oriented: Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
What we look for
- Excellent academic background, including a bachelor’s and masters’ degree from a top tier university in Accounting / Finance / Banking / Auditing / Economics, or other related field a with strong quantitative focus
- 6+ years of relevant working experience, ideally in a consulting-centered role, or Big4 professional services firm
- Excellent written and verbal skills both in Greek and English
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office packages, in particular MS Excel
- Strong numerical/analytical ability and financial accounting knowledge and experience (IFRS and Greek GAAP)
- Outstanding organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent project management, attention to detail, communication, problem solving, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Willingness to learn, proactivity and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas, while working in a multicultural corporate environment
- Working experience in audit and assurance and/or M&A or transactions role
- An active CPA/ACCA/ACA/CFA certification (or in a final stage of completion)
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package: You’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Depending on your experience, our comprehensive rewards package includes benefits that suit your needs including cutting-edge technological equipment, ticket restaurant vouchers, a private health insurance scheme, life insurance, income protection and an exclusive EY benefits club that provides a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
- Flexible working arrangements: We operate under a hybrid working model, which is defined based on both your own preferences and team’s needs, and we enjoy our summers with short Fridays.
- Personalized learning experience and career development: We provide free and unlimited access to educational platforms and EY Badges, support certifications, and provide coaching and feedback, as a part of our Leadership & Development process, all of which can lead to a meaningful impact and success as defined by you.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- International Experience: Become part of international projects and work along multicultural teams, through our global network.
- Above all, you will be working in one of the Top Employers in Greece for 2023, awarded by the Top Employers Institute.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.